New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just bought a laptop with WinXP Home Edition. How do i activate it? the laptop is already connected to the internet and i was not prompted to activate it.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Some systems do not require activation...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does that mean pre-activated na ito?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    You can check also under Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Activate Windows

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Yup, yung iba ganun, sa dell systems ngayon ganun, even pag nag os reinstall using the recovery cds we provide customers nde na kelangan activate yung OS.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    May ibang cd's ng XP po talaga na di na kailangang i-activate (as per chris_d's answer). Ung mga XP na cd's na un eh normally ung mga with Service Pack 2 na paginstall mo. =)

No need to activate kasi pag scan ng Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) ng serial number (tuwing na-update), oks na basta authentic ung serial key nyo po. HTH

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    You can check also under Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Activate Windows

Some original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and select installations of Windows XP that use a volume license agreement are pre-activated and require no additional steps to activate. To check your activation status, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Activate Windows.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    How to activate Windows XP by using the Internet
    To activate Windows XP by using an Internet connection, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Activate Windows. Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.

2. Click Yes, let's activate Windows over the Internet now.

3. Click Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement, click Back, and then click Next.

4. Use one of the following methods:

• If you want to register and activate Windows at the same time, click Yes, I want to register and activate Windows at the same time, click Read the Windows Registration Privacy Statement, click Back, click Next, type your contact information in the appropriate boxes in the registration form, and then click Next. An asterisk (*) appears next to required information.

• If you only want to activate Windows, click No, I don't want to register now; let's just activate Windows, and then click Next.
    The wizard establishes a connection with an activation server, and then processes the activation request.

5. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK:
    Last edited by karlbo; November 6th, 2006 at 05:53 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    salamat sa mga sagot, mukhang puro mga call center boys yung nagreply a

bakit dito sa winxp ng desktop ko wala yung Activate Windows sa System Tools?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    salamat sa mga sagot, mukhang puro mga call center boys yung nagreply a

bakit dito sa winxp ng desktop ko wala yung Activate Windows sa System Tools?
    When I removed retail XP Pro from my older HP laptop and reinstalled the bundled XP Home, the same thing happened. I wasn't prompted to activate. Of course, that bundled XP Home is tied to my laptop and my laptop only. I'm sure it's the same with yours.

If you can't find the Activate icon in the Start Menu, type this at the Run Box where c: is the hard drive letter where Windows is. It will then prompt if your XP is already activated or not:

c:\Windows\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How to activate WinXP?