New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 61 of 110 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    boybi, tama yung plan mo. i lost 20 lbs dati with just a motorized treadmill in front of my parents' television. the hour of treadmill will go by unnoticed while watching the news. especially with all the intrigues in our news nowadays

andy

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffy
    HT gurus, which do you think is better?

Samsung 50" DLP Projection TV SP50L3

or

a 43" Toshiba LCD?

same price sila parehong nasa 199k...sorry nalimutan ko model number nung toshiba LCD na nakita ko sa Automotic Center sa G4 kahapon eh he he...

LCD sir. Yong projection TV maiigsi lang buhay nyan. Yong LCD more or 50K hrs yong lifespan.

Here in Singapore yong price nung projection TV mga 2K to 3K lang. Yong LCD around 4K to 7K depende sa model.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I also prefer the gym area to be seperate from the HT area same as sir Cardo. Kapag kasi may ibang gamit sa theater room parang cluttered ang dating especially if you have the bulky gym equipment in the background. Just use your old CRT TV for the gym room para makatagal ka ng exercise. Pero kung no choice talaga, oks lang na magkasama yung HT and gym, ang mahalaga kasi eh yung may pinapanood ka sa tv habang nageexercise. For my wife, I just bought a seperate 20" panny flat panel lcd para kung gusto niyang dalhin sa gym or kitchen area habang nagluluto, masya pa rin siya.
    Yung tungkol sa mga socket, kung sa akin lang tama na 1 on each wall. If you can buy something like the monster power center or anything similar, this will help protect your investment. It acts as a surge protector and eliminates signal polluting noise, tapos marami siyang saksakan.
    This is the 1 I bought. simple yet effective.
    front view:

rear:

Maganda rin kung naka wall mount ang surround speakers mo as opposed to using speakerstands for the rear speakers. Mas maganda kasi tunog pag nakataas yung rear speakers at hindi ear level while iin your seat.
    If your planning to add some bass shakers for your theater seats, this is where the socket on the rear wall comes in. The bass shakers really pack a punch especially when viewing action pack movies.

The general rule daw according to 1 of the electronic stores I've been in regarding viewing distance is that there should be a 6:1 ratio, that is for every 6 diagonal inch of your tv, there should be a foot of distance from the tv to your seat. So if your going to buy a 50 inch tv, your viewing distance should be atleast 8 feet of distance from the tv to your chair. For CRT's it should be furtheraway.
    You should also invest in good cables like yung "monster cables" to maximize the capabilities of your HDTV.Those stock cables just wont do if your watching HD movies.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Finally got everything installed. Still need to buy a bracket for the center channel though to mount it on the tv. Im also going to replace my tv stand since they delivered the wrong one.

Panasonic 60" DLP RPTV (PT60DL54)
    Panasonic DVD Recorder with 100GB Hard Disk Drive (DMR-EH50S)
    Yamaha RX-V657T 7.1 Digital Home Cinema Receiver
    Definitive Technology Home Theater Speaker System
    - 2 Bipolar Main Loudspeakers (BP8B)
    - 2 Bipolar Surround speakers (BP12X)
    - Tibre-matched channel speaker (CLR2300)
    - 8" 250 watt powered subwoofer (PROSUB80BLK)
    Monster Power Center HTS 2600
    And a HDT Karaoke player with a gazillion songs for some kicks

And my home theater leather recliners with 2 swivel seats on the side.

I just want to acknowledge my installer, Glen who did a great job hooking me up with my equipment. You Da Man Glen. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Panasonic-LCD Projector
    Yamaha RXV-720
    Bose-accoustimass series 3
    Sony-DVD
    Mediacom-DVD
    Bose-901

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tanogn ko lang hinde b advisable na 4 pcs na floorstanding ang speaker, mas maganda ba kung yun sa floorstanding yun 2 sa harap then bookshelf type sa likod, and wall mounted? ano ba pinakamura ng 29" or 34" na standard flat screen tv ngayon and anong brand maganda?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba yun DTS decoder na sinasabi sa player or sa receiver?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tanogn ko lang hinde b advisable na 4 pcs na floorstanding ang speaker, mas maganda ba kung yun sa floorstanding yun 2 sa harap then bookshelf type sa likod, and wall mounted? ano ba pinakamura ng 29" or 34" na standard flat screen tv ngayon and anong brand maganda?
    1. ok lang ang floorstanders din ang rears mo kasi minsan low freq sound ang nilalabas ng mga rear effects... mas ok din kung malaki ang space mo di ba.

2. kung limited ang space mas preffered ang wall mounted bookshelves, kasi tignan mo kung maglalagay ka din ang stands sa bookshelves eh mag floorstanders ka na since they occupy the same architectureal land. (only the price differs)

3. Toshiba hindi masyado bright pero natural naman ang dating...less eye fatigue.

ano ba yun DTS decoder na sinasabi sa player or sa receiver?
    may player at receiver na may DTS decoder.

ganito yan pre the DTS sound will come from the disc then if the player has a decode it will decode it and pass the sound to the receiver.

kung wala ka naman decoder sa player the receiver will decode and output the sound in DTS form.

so either player or receiver (ok din kung both) dapat may decoder.
    Last edited by kimpOy; August 9th, 2005 at 04:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    both shadow...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    1. ok lang ang floorstanders din ang rears mo kasi minsan low freq sound ang nilalabas ng mga rear effects... mas ok din kung malaki ang space mo di ba.

2. kung limited ang space mas preffered ang wall mounted bookshelves, kasi tignan mo kung maglalagay ka din ang stands sa bookshelves eh mag floorstanders ka na since they occupy the same architectureal land. (only the price differs)

3. Toshiba hindi masyado bright pero natural naman ang dating...less eye fatigue.

may player at receiver na may DTS decoder.

ganito yan pre the DTS sound will come from the disc then if the player has a decode it will decode it and pass the sound to the receiver.

kung wala ka naman decoder sa player the receiver will decode and output the sound in DTS form.

so either player or receiver (ok din kung both) dapat may decoder.
    thnks kimpoy, can you give me a brand na meron decoder na player and receiver? receiver is yun amp, tama?

Home Theater Thread