New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    peeps, tips naman dyan regarding home security other than having a guard and watch dog. meron ba dyang parang makukuryente yung magnanakaw?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CCTV for starters would be good...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think a simple light with motion sensor would do. Merong readily available sa mga DIY Hardware ito. Maglagay ka lang sa buong perimeter ng bahay mo nga ganito ok na, basta maka detect ng motion, mag -ON yung mga ilaw, im sure this is enough to startle would be akyat bahay gangs. Kasi ang CCTV useless unless there is someone monitoring it 24/7. Kumbaga, after the crime mo na mapapakinabangan.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    There are some motion detectors sa mga hardware sa mall na may siren. Para sa loob to ng house. Ok na din coverage ng mga motion detectors na ito. It comes with a remote control to activate/deactivate.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have an ADT security device in my home. All the doors have sensors plus one motion sensor. It automatically notifies the monitoring station if there is any movement. They will then try to call you and if you unreachable, they will notify the police. There is also a panic button that you can use if you are under duress. I first saw this in the US and decided to get one when it was released by a local distributor. At least I have piece of mind whenever I go for long breaks. It is only me, my wife and my daugther who know the passcode. Happened once that there was an alarm sent to the Bicutan police and they arrived in 8 minutes complete with long firearms. Why, because the installer triggered the panic button. He explained to the the police and offered his apologies. I hope there wont be a need for me to use it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pano kung brownout?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    fireblade,

can you post or PM to me the local distributor of your ADT security device? How much it cost including installation?

Thanks!
    igorbaby

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    I have an ADT security device in my home. All the doors have sensors plus one motion sensor. It automatically notifies the monitoring station if there is any movement. They will then try to call you and if you unreachable, they will notify the police. There is also a panic button that you can use if you are under duress. I first saw this in the US and decided to get one when it was released by a local distributor. At least I have piece of mind whenever I go for long breaks. It is only me, my wife and my daugther who know the passcode. Happened once that there was an alarm sent to the Bicutan police and they arrived in 8 minutes complete with long firearms. Why, because the installer triggered the panic button. He explained to the the police and offered his apologies. I hope there wont be a need for me to use it.
    so sino nagmomonitor? sino nasa monitoring station? how much ang monthly payment sa company na nagmonitor? and paano icoconect sa p;olice station eh yun iba nga police station wala pang phone lines eh

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    baka nagsesend ng SMS msg sa police hehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Somehow related, would you rather have an "open house" as in kita yung kalye, and kita yung harapan (garden at least) from outside? Marami kasi sumasalisi kapag aalis ka ng bahay like when going to work, usually nagtatago sila sa harap ng pader niyo tapos pagbukas ng gate, ayun holdap sa maid o kaya slip in unnoticed.

We have a motion sensor, spotlamps, and an emergency cellphone para sa trusted na katulong at boy namin kung sakaling may mangyari. Yung boy namin na yun 15 years na sa amin, so that's also a good security measure. I want to install more motion sensors or kahit na cheap surveillance cameras tapos every 6pm-6am it records what transpires.

Fireblade's ADT security system is standard here sa US, that is very helpful pag walang tao sa bahay.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Home security