New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Walang LOCAL USERS AND GROUPS sa laptop. How can I add this?

Both computers are on the same workgroup.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CPY61 View Post
    Clarification(s)/ Question :
    Your desktop is wired-connected to the WRT54G, right? and your Laptop is accessing the WRT54G through wireless, correct? and WRT54G is wired-connected to the PLDTDSL modem (I assume). What is the SmartBRO is for? whereis it connected?
    I had SmartBro before I subscribed to PLDT DSL. Then the modem of PLDT doesn't work with my Linksys so I used PLDT DSL on my desktop and I retained the SmartBro for my laptop through Linksys.

Now, after the PLDT modem was changed, I've been using PLDT DSL for both of the computers through the Linksys router.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Given the info you provided so far, mukhang walang problema as far as TCP/IP is concerned since both were able to get IP addresses and can connect to the Internet. Can they ping each other? I'm inclined to believe they can.

So ang problema na lang ngayon is file/printer sharing. Tama ba?

Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services. Check mo mga services na to, they should be running on both computers.

- Computer Browser
    - Server
    - TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
    - Workstation

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Baka naman static IP address gamit mo... gawin mong dynamic... yung router mag assign sa iyo ng ip address...

Dati nung di ko mapagana yung wireless ko.... nakaka connect pero hindi makapag internet... so hindi ako nag rely sa windows para mag connect....merong 3rd party na software yung wireless card ko , sya ginamit ko... Ok na sya ngayon...

pag sa laptop ko, walang hirap, connected agad... yung isang laptop ko, meron kasing PCMCIA card pa akong nilagay kasi ala syang built in...

yung sa desktop ko.. PCI, OK.. 3rd party na utility pa rin... wag windows.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Given the info you provided so far, mukhang walang problema as far as TCP/IP is concerned since both were able to get IP addresses and can connect to the Internet. Can they ping each other? I'm inclined to believe they can.

So ang problema na lang ngayon is file/printer sharing. Tama ba?

Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services. Check mo mga services na to, they should be running on both computers.

- Computer Browser
    - Server
    - TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
    - Workstation
    Yoda,
    The desktop can ping the laptop, but not vice-versa.

Those 4 services are all present and running in both computers.

raikkah,
    both computers have their own IP addresses assigned by the router's DHCP.
    Last edited by boybi; July 6th, 2007 at 10:02 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Atlas! I fixed the file and printer sharing of my home network! Hindi pala naka install yung NWlink IPX etc. sa desktop ko. Special thanks to GmZ, and to all of you who posted in this thread trying to figure out what went wrong in my network. Thanks talaga!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Yoda,
    The desktop can ping the laptop, but not vice-versa.

Those 4 services are all present and running in both computers.
    Firewall? Do you have SP2 installed? Or a 3rd party firewall?

Atlas! I fixed the file and printer sharing of my home network! Hindi pala naka install yung NWlink IPX etc. sa desktop ko.
    Hmm, in that case, the file/print sharing protocol is now going through IPX instead of TCP/IP. If it weren't for the possible firewall issue (or something else), dapat mag-work din sya even without IPX installed.

Kaso nagwo-work na e. Bayaan mo na.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ba automatic na SP2 na if naka Media Center Edition?

Yup, both computers have 3rd party firewalls installed. ZoneAlarm in my desktop and Comodo in my laptop.

Salamat ulit sa inyo

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Di ba automatic na SP2 na if naka Media Center Edition?
    Oo yata, pero not sure. Di pa ko nakakagamit nyan e. The SP level should be indicated in Help -> About Windows from Explorer.

Yup, both computers have 3rd party firewalls installed. ZoneAlarm in my desktop and Comodo in my laptop.
    Baka nga yan yung problem. If the firewalls are blocking pings, it may be blocking other protocols too kaya sila hindi makapag-file sharing over TCP/IP.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Which is better ba, IPX or TCP/IP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home networking troubleshooting