New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "what fame to claim does China have when it comes to technology?"

many. Han and Tang Dynasty China were much more advanced than any country and empire in the world during their times.

paper, for one. cast iron. the crossbow. gunpowder. the compass. water wheels. wheelbarrows. porcelain. silk. shipbuilding technology. bridgebuilding technology (including suspension bridges). advances in medical knowledge (including the circulation of blood). construction techniques. advances in mathematics. and many others.

oo nga, ingat kayo sa mga racial comments, baka maasar si Chinese Mafia boss Ungas, lagot na ahahaha :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice discoveries in the times before christ, but now they resort to pirating everything.

Boss DVD!!! hehehehehe

Oh by the way, i have chinese blood too so dont flame me

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ako ang nagcomplain pero I also found the "chengwa" word distasteful.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa China, acquired technology, legal or illegal, is the way to national progress. Sa pinas, politics, fiction or non-fiction, is the way to progress. Whose progress ?? :freak: :freak: :freak:
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 15th, 2003 at 09:22 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    :offtopic:

"Hao Shiao" ba ang dating!?:D ..j/k

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Now we all know how african-americans feel when we call them egoys, niggers or negroids.

Or how indians feel when we call them bumbay or baho.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    I beg to disagree...

America and Russia first did this 40 years ago... and they have been continously doing this with their space shuttles...

Plus, most of the technology that China has are handovers from cash strapped Russia / USSR and some were even stolen from America... what fame to claim does China have when it comes to technology?

China is surviving on the sheer number of its population... imagine taxing that many people!

whether u like it or not china is the only country now who can match america and i'm not only speaking in the context of technology. mbt already pointed out their previous achievements in this field.

i think they are the 2nd biggest economy now next to the US. their commercial industries are peaking. if u've been to their big cities like shanghai and shenzhen u'll know what i mean.
    their military capability while not largely publicized is feared even by the americans. we're just used to american weaponry coz we always see it on tv.

with this latest achievement added to their resume, there's no stopping china to become the next superpower.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think Japan is the 2nd largest economy after the US

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wag na tayong tumingin sa china, malayo na sila...

sa thailand na lang, malayo na rin ang agwat sa atin, after 1986 nakailang main airport na sila 4 or 5, tayo yong pangatlo under arbitration pa!

Ng piliin ng GM ang thailand, nagtawanan tayo ng magkaroon ng asian meltdown na nag-umpisa sa thailand, pero ngayon bakit ang Ford ay yon din ang pinili?

Baht is somewhere 40, peso? well...

crackdown on narcotics led by the PM himself, ilan ang patay? nasa thousands ang figure (lost that time mag issue) -- pero walang rubout media story..

Ang lamang nila na hindi natin gustong lagpasan o pantayan -- aids

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Don't make fun of what China achieved, better laugh at yourself in what this country achieved for itself in the last decade alone!!Philippine GNP this year is even lower than Sri Lanka or Bangladesh!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Hi tech na rin ang mga chinese!