New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Malamang hindi Gammerau yung nasa PC mo.

Maybe this can help:
    How to remove Any Browser Redirect virus (Removal Guide)
    This worked :cheer3: It took me several hours but it seems like my laptop is faster now. I hope I can also get rid of that pesky PLDT ad in Tsikot though Do you also have a link on how I can block that?

Quote Originally Posted by ddungu2016 View Post
    i dont trust mcafee. you can have a trial of norton av for a month. then you can scan your machine with norton. uninstall mcafee first before installing norton.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Where can I get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Check your turrent software also, it might be the one that's causing the problem. There were reports of some issues with new ut*rrent versions.
    I did update u*******

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Huwag kasi DL ng DL ng ****. HELP! Trojan Virus on my laptop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How ironic I never had any issues from years of DL ****. Sa music pa ko na virus

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    virus friendly yang MacAfee

DL mo na lang yung Kaspersky trial version yun ng pang scan mo todas yang virus na nasa laptop mo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I stick with Avast Free mainly because it has a boot-up scan available before going into Windows and free real-time protection. Once that is done, I follow it up with MalwareBytes for anything left behind by Avast Free.

My browser is Firefox with the AdBlock Plus and Avast extensions.

Works for me. No ads here.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Also.......

This should be a wake up call for the TC to buy external storage and make backups of valuable data/information.

I have my most valuable digital data (eg .pdf documents) backed up 2x or even 3x with different external storage devices.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Glad to know that you sorted it out.

I'm alarmed, however, that you've gone for such a long time without anti-virus. It leaves your PC prone to infections if you're exposed to shady stuff. You don't need to spend for basic AV protection. I've been using Avast for several years now. Previously, I've also tried Avira, AVG, and Windows Defender, all free as well. I'd suggest downloading an anti-virus program ASAP.

If you haven't upgraded, I'd also suggest you upgrade your laptop to Windows 10. All legit Windows 7 and 8.1 users get a free upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Glad to hear it got fixed mam Cathy ^_^

If you can, migrate out of Windows XP and use Windows 7/8/10:

- M$ has stopped official support for it ages ago. No more updates, etc.
    - 32-bit version can only see < 4GB RAM
    - fewer and fewer AVs are supporting it

Firewall and AV are absolute essentials. If your laptop can't handle it...time to get a new laptop. It's just too risky, esp. on Windows.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    virus friendly yang MacAfee

DL mo na lang yung Kaspersky trial version yun ng pang scan mo todas yang virus na nasa laptop mo.
    tama bro nung macafee ang gamit namin sa opisina ang daming pop up sa mga pc namin. Kaya bumili na lang ako ng kaspersky good for 5 units. Mula noon ay nawala na ang mga annoying pop ups at virus sa mga pc units namin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123