New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My PC has a Trojan virus. I think I got it from kickass tr. What do I do now? My files are not backed up.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I cant open a page without ads popping up

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Cat, did you trying running microsoft anti virus?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    No. How do I do that? I have mcafee but it is expired na. I am afraid it might get my passwords so I disconnected from the internet.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Do you have any AV software installed? Baka naman na-stop ng AV yung trojan before it could be executed.

Normally i would recommend:

-- doing a backup of the entire hard drive; if not possible, do a backup of your important files.
    -- get another clean PC with AV installed and updated. Attach your hard drive as a slave, then use that PC to scan/clean.
    -- return your hard drive to your PC, see if everything works
    -- install/update your AV.

Although ideally, if you can afford to do so, just back up your files, then reformat/reinstall everything. Depending on the malware you got, AVs may not be able to remove it completely.

i've notice this particular malware running rampant the past few years -- Gammerau or something. M.O. of this malware is to

-- move all files and folders on your hard drive to a hidden folder
    -- creates a trojan shortcut*.lnk) to the hidden folder. Less careful users would not notice that it's a shortcut and will double-click it, hence executing the trojan.
    -- creates fake desktop.ini, thumbs.db files that contain the malware code. If the contents of this file look like garbage/unprintable characters, most likely infected nga. You can try to upload these files to virustotal.com to check.

-- from what i've noticed, the malware doesn't corrupt your files. It's primarily concerned with replicating itself. Pero mahirap magsalita ng tapos. It's very possible that it can do other nasty stuff. That's why if possible i would recommend resetup.

Are you running Windows XP?
    Last edited by badkuk; January 1st, 2016 at 03:58 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It's on my laptop pala. How do I know what is my windows? I really feel like crying now! If I back up my files how do I know which are not infected?

I have an expired Mcafee but it did say that it removed the trojan. But I think there is still a virus because I cannot click webpages without ads popping up. Also I saw some new folders on my "All Programs" I cant seem to run mcafee on my own bec it is expired na

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    It's on my laptop pala. How do I know what is my windows? I really feel like crying now! If I back up my files how do I know which are not infected?

I have an expired Mcafee but it did say that it removed the trojan. But I think there is still a virus because I cannot click webpages without ads popping up. Also I saw some new folders on my "All Programs" I cant seem to run mcafee on my own bec it is expired na

Malamang hindi Gammerau yung nasa PC mo.

Maybe this can help:
    How to remove Any Browser Redirect virus (Removal Guide)

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Update mo antivirus then scan all, tangal yan, virus nga yan galing kickass, dinali din laffy ko kay KIckass dati

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks. So this virus will not trt to login my accounts naman? Like Amazon or gmail etc?

I cannot even go to Tsikot. I am redirected to other sites. It also changed the homepage of google chrome

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Try to update your anti virus, scan all then para makasigurado uninstall/ install mo chrome and mozilla mo, ganun ginawa ko ok naman
    Baka nagtatago virus sa chrome browser application mo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast