New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    have you tried testing other routers with your SmartBro connection?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope, not yet, but I tried my router with other ISP and it's working fine.

possible ba na i block ng Smartbro yun router ko?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^i don't think so. doesnt make sense.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moejun2 View Post
    well, my problem started coincidentally when they release their "smart share it" it's their router type service...so I was thinking for them to be able to push and increase the sale of this product they need to block other commercially available router from their network.

I also read from the net that other subscriber are also suddenly having a problem with their routers when connected to Smartbro.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Obliging... Kuya Ruel, [SIZE=5]no offense intended.[/SIZE] (pasensya na sa highlighting, I just want to INFORM some people who mistakenly say "no pun intended" instead. )

That is not the DEFAULT IP Address for *ANY* router. In fact, I have yet to encounter any router nor server that uses that as the default IP address. Most of them use 192.168.1.1. I've seen some that use 192.168.0.1, but not ...2.1.

To make this GENERIC, the router's DHCP will then assign an IP address to your PC that has the same first 3 numbers, and a different 4th number.

e.g., router uses 192.168.1.1 will assign your PC 192.168.1.x, x being dependent on the router's default config. My Linksys router uses 192.168.1.150 as the first DHCP-assigned IP addres. YMMV.
    ok lang po sir WOO...ty for the corrections. its only based on my experienced in installing wifi router. cguro nga po im wrong sa post ko. i think about 4 brands na po kci wifi router ang nainstalled ko they all have .2.1 default IP add.
    Last edited by ruelsdcz; May 1st, 2009 at 11:39 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    any updates here shadow?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any updates here shadow?
    so far ok na naman, after thousand of calls to their call center, but I'm still observing my connection...

OT:

effective pala yun mag complain sa NTC, I fired an email to NTC and explaining that Smart was blocking my router, na forward kaagad nila sa Smart yun complaint ko, then nag email kaagad ang Smart sa akin...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ wow. i'd like to see how they rectified your problem. did they send somebody to your house?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ wow. i'd like to see how they rectified your problem. did they send somebody to your house?
    nope, they did not send anybody, I guess they just unblocked my router...hehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
help! router on Smart bro