New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use something like this almost everyday at work:

It uses a bulb like this:

I'm wondering where I can find a replacement LED bulb for it. The current bulb is the ordinary yellowish bulb and I'd really appreciate the option of whiter light.

I'll take measurements soon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if ever, only welch-allyn would be able to provide the led bulb as it have a very special mounting scheme

however, the current high-lumen led bulbs are actually an assembly of tiny electronics (current thru the led is tightly controlled and heat dissipation is a big issue) and do not seem to fit in such tiny diameter ... so it is not likely that you will be able to find the led bulb at this time ... you may have to wait a few more years, when technology permits

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    About the mounting, I won't be using the OEM mounting as I have a fabricated adaptor that will hold any bulb of roughly the same diameter or length.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Mukhang specialized bro at OEM lang ang makakapag-supply sa iyo ngayon.... Anyway, you may want to disassemble one when it gets busted and see if you can solder or mount a high intensity LED bulb, with the same dimensions as the original one, yourself.... You can probably buy a replacement high intensity LED in electronics shops, or those being sold in car shops(?) as pilot lamps and third brake lights ......

7707:band:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Doc, try mo muna kung pwede yung sa mga cheapo lighters na may LED, 10 pesos lang. those LED's are 4.5 volts. tried looking at it pag nakasindi maliwanag din.

yun din ginamit ko as replacemant bulb sa clock ng vitara ko, but i had to solder a resistor, plus sand it about half, kasi humaba dahil sa resistor.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    Doc, try mo muna kung pwede yung sa mga cheapo lighters na may LED, 10 pesos lang. those LED's are 4.5 volts. tried looking at it pag nakasindi maliwanag din.

yun din ginamit ko as replacemant bulb sa clock ng vitara ko, but i had to solder a resistor, plus sand it about half, kasi humaba dahil sa resistor.

That's a bright idea... Mura pa to start with.... Hindi lang ako exposed sa mga lighters dahil (ito ba iyong lighter ng sigarilyo - not a smoker kasi..... )

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

That's a bright idea... Mura pa to start with.... Hindi lang ako exposed sa mga lighters dahil (ito ba iyong lighter ng sigarilyo - not a smoker kasi..... )

yup, cigarette lighter, tapos on the bottom LED flash light sya. 10 pesos sa mga sari sari store sa tabi namin, pang testing lang naman.

not a smoker too but my dad is so pag ubos na lighter tinatago namin kasi ok na mini flashlight yun hehehe... recycle hehe

Help:  powerful LED Bulbs