The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    about a week ago, we purchased a pc package

athlon 64 x2 4000+
    160gb
    1gb ram
    etc.

when i first turned it on to install the windows XP, i noticed some horizontal lines (some moving downwards) showing on the monitor especially when the room is dark. but the lines are not noticeable during the day.

but tonight, it suddenly showed diagonal lines (blue and white stripes) and we cannot view anything anymore except those lines.

the monitor is viewsonic e70 crt monitor.

is the problem with the monitor itself or something else like in the settings, software, hardware?

i'm planning to call the computer where i bought it and maybe claim some warranty but i want to know what maybe the cause of this.

tnx!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I believe it is the monitor, nothing else.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    may tama na yang monitor mo

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hello God morning,
    Defective monitor or video card lang poh ang sira yan..
    Thank u

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hi guys!

update ko lang yung sitwasyon ko tungkol sa monitor.

pinabalik sa akin yung "defective" viewsonic monitor for replacement tapos pinahiram muna ako ng service monitor na viewsonic din.

kaso after a day of using it, bumalik yung problem na horizontal lines tapos naging blue anf white lines.

so naisip ko baka ndi na monitor ang problem. sa tingin niyo?
    ndi kaya sa video card na yung problem or sa mother board kasi on board yung video card. isa pa, minsan nag hang yung PC ko.

naku oag mother board eh malaking problema. as rock ata yung mother board ko. may problem ba sa brand na ito. tnx!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    gumagamit ka ba ng AVR?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    First thing's first...... Process of Elimination

Eliminate any source of electrical interference such as unshielded speakers or electrical appliances nearby sharing the same outlet/power strip.

Check the pc closely to make sure the circuitry of the motherboard isn't in direct contact with the metal case.

Check the cpu, video gpu, and system temps for any sign of overheating**.

If those above check out ok, then it could be the motherboard.

Add: You may need a dedicated video card to test for onboard video problems.

** The GeForce-Ti4200 in my wife's pc exhibited the same symptoms when the video card fan died and the gpu overheated.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 20th, 2008 at 11:33 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    so ganun pala. testing ko muna yung by elimination.

meron naman AVR pero yung generic free AVR.

pero magkatalikuran yung PC monitor at yung TV namain sa kwarto. siguro yun muna ang sosolusyunan ko.

then i'll check the PC hanging thing.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    try mo munang wag gumamit ng AVR. may mga AVR kasing nakakasira lalo na yung mga generic.

help - pc monitor shows diagonal line