New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Similar problem with me.
    I've been trying to fix my home PC for days now. Has a "keyboard error" at startup and it keeps on re-booting. I suspect the "pc booster" program OR the Windows update itself messed my system..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    Chief HappyG,

I'm sure naman na there's no OS or malware issues, so crossout na natin yun.

Possible causes:

1. Defective MOBO
    2. Defective PSU

When you say namamatay, did the LED or fan were still on? Or total shutdown talaga?
    FD, namamatay talaga. ang natitira lang is yung LED ng power switch, but the fan completely turns off.

yes, i am sure hindi OS or malware issue, dahil yesterday, bago mag talagang total shutdown, i can still run linux (dahil dual boot ang PC). pero kaninang umaga, wala na talaga, hindi na ako umaabot sa bootloader, hanggang POST na lang, pero ang bagal pa.

pag pumapasok naman sa CMOS setup, naghahang o namamatay din.

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    Similar problem with me.
    I've been trying to fix my home PC for days now. Has a "keyboard error" at startup and it keeps on re-booting. I suspect the "pc booster" program OR the Windows update itself messed my system..
    Does your keyboard use a PS2 or USB connection? Have you tried testing/using a different keyboard?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does your keyboard use a PS2 or USB connection? Have you tried testing/using a different keyboard?
    If you suspect the keyboard:

Don't waste your time getting a different keyboard. Just disconnect the existing one and see if the system boots up normally.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    FD, namamatay talaga. ang natitira lang is yung LED ng power switch, but the fan completely turns off.

pag pumapasok naman sa CMOS setup, naghahang o namamatay din.
    Possible motherboard or PSU pa din based on your observations.

Just buy a cheap PSU to test it out.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    Similar problem with me.

If you have a usb keyboard, it usually comes with a USB-PS/2 adapter. If you want to eliminate the keyboard as a factor, you need to boot up with the keyboard hooked up to a PS/2 port.

Once the pc boots into Windows, the keyboard can go back to the usb connection.

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    HG,

Isolate pa. hehehe. PSU muna.

GH

When a PS/2 or USB Keyboard is disconnected/unplugged, in some cases defective keyboard, it will not boot "normally". It will prompt you a keyboard error.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GH

When a PS/2 or USB Keyboard is disconnected/unplugged, in some cases defective keyboard, it will not boot "normally". It will prompt you a keyboard error.
    but you can config the bios not to stop/pause if there was any error message.

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    but you can config the bios not to stop/pause if there was any error message.
    Possible, but the user KERSMcRae didn't that is why it prompted him.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^my PC comes with PS/2 keyboard. I borrowed a USB keyboard at our office and it was detected. I was able to access & check my BIOS setting. Problem is Windows cant load (log on screen). Our IT guy advised me to boot on CD. Im not sure if my PS/2 keyboard will work with a USB adaptor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Help Naman In Troubleshooting My PC