New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tried to scout for a tablet but stumbled on phablets....slowly they are coming out as Samsung has released its Mega 5.8 and 6.3. My eyes are targeting the 5.8 version (P 18,990) since I need it to be on dual sim and with 1.5gig RAM...the downside is both are dual cores only...

On the other hand, there are up coming versions of Myphone, Starmobile, and Cherry Mobile, priced at about 10-11k only....while all of them are quad-core, but with 1gig RAM....

Should I wait for the up-coming local phablets? or should I settle immediately with Samsung Mega 5.8

Pls enlighten me...

By the way, while I was browsing the net there appears a leak that Samsung would release soon a Dual Sim version on its Mega 6.3 variant...but how soon would that be?

It is better to bring 1 dual sim Phablet than bringing 2 single sim cellphones and 1 tablet or 1 dual sim cellphone and 1 tablet....a Dual Sim Phablet would definitely save me some pocket space hehehe....well shelling out money to buy a Phablet likewise save me some "pocket space"....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I think this is the dilemna of new technologies. So many to choose from and you don't know which one to buy.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Tried to scout for a tablet but stumbled on phablets....slowly they are coming out as Samsung has released its Mega 5.8 and 6.3. My eyes are targeting the 5.8 version (P 18,990) since I need it to be on dual sim and with 1.5gig RAM...the downside is both are dual cores only...

On the other hand, there are up coming versions of Myphone, Starmobile, and Cherry Mobile, priced at about 10-11k only....while all of them are quad-core, but with 1gig RAM....

Should I wait for the up-coming local phablets? or should I settle immediately with Samsung Mega 5.8

Pls enlighten me...

By the way, while I was browsing the net there appears a leak that Samsung would release soon a Dual Sim version on its Mega 6.3 variant...but how soon would that be?

It is better to bring 1 dual sim Phablet than bringing 2 single sim cellphones and 1 tablet or 1 dual sim cellphone and 1 tablet....a Dual Sim Phablet would definitely save me some pocket space hehehe....well shelling out money to buy a Phablet likewise save me some "pocket space"....
    If you want it now, buy now... but don't buy the secondary brands because it give you more headaches based on the lack of durability of the handsets. Samsung or the other leading brands (including Lenovo) would be your choice picks.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I am very happy with my Note 2

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

There still no definite time for the 6.3 Duo, possibly end of the year pa yan..Ok na ok sana 6.3 may LTE pa.. but no duo.. Lately, the products of local brands (myphone, cherrymobile & starmobile) are getting better, and if you want an alternative phablet, check starmobile diamond v7... what I like with starmobile compared to the two, their service is much better.

check http://www.yugatech.com/mobile/starm...-availability/

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Hi,

There still no definite time for the 6.3 Duo, possibly end of the year pa yan..Ok na ok sana 6.3 may LTE pa.. but no duo.. Lately, the products of local brands (myphone, cherrymobile & starmobile) are getting better, and if you want an alternative phablet, check starmobile diamond v7... what I like with starmobile compared to the two, their service is much better.

check http://www.yugatech.com/mobile/starm...-availability/
    Trying to consider your suggestion re: Starmobile Diamond V7...however until today its not available and no price yet....hope this will be released soon...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ok ang review ng mega 6.3 although dual core sya pero halos aabutan na yung benchmark test nya sa note2

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    cloudfone ok na ba yun?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    cloudfone ok na ba yun?
    I remember cloudfone had a phone with a very big battery which gave it a phenomenal standby and talk time.

My experience with local brands only extend to Cherry and MyPhone. I gave the MyPhone to my sister though while I used Cherry. Since technology changes so fast, I would rather buy the local brands so I can change every few months. I have bought 3 Cherry phones so far and I sell each after 2-3 months. Each phone cost me around P5,000 to P7,000 and everytime I upgrade, I lose about P1,000 from my purchase price. At an average of 45 days, it costs me P22 (1,000/45) to have a new (local) phone with enough bells & whistles to keep me happy for 45 days. If I bought a nice Samsung say for P26,000, I'd probably sell it for P15,000 after a year so that would be roughly P30 a day for a phone I'd have for 365 days (11,000/365).

With how fast technology moves, I'd rather buy local and keep on changing units every few months rather than keeping a nicer phone for a year. With google, it is easy to just reset the phone you sell and log in to your new phone and get all your contacts back as soon as you synch it. You can save all yor APKs on a memory card to reinstall them on your new phone.

Well, this is one way to keep up with technology.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    How about waiting for the Galaxy Note 3?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast