New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Mga Peps,

Saan po tayo makabili nang LCD screen for my ECS A900i laptop?

Brand new or surplus will do.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    Mga Peps,

Saan po tayo makabili nang LCD screen for my ECS A900i laptop?

Brand new or surplus will do.

thanks
    Joem. AFAIK there's no place to buy surplus LCDs for laptops. If there is such as place, then you can bet your peso that the surplus LCDs they sell are not worth a darn i.e. most probably busted. LCD screen replacements are more often than not a "per order basis": you take it to a repair shop, they would order the LCD for you. AFAIR, ECS LCDs are sourced in Taiwan or Malaysia. From my experience in replacing an HP-Pavillion LCD, it took me a week to receive the replacement parts.

What I suggest you do is bring it to your vendor or any computer shops that distributes or is a VAR (value-added reseller) of ECS notebooks and have them order the LCD for you. A fair warning though: an LCD screen costs a pretty penny.

Good luck.

3. Join Date
    May 2007

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    try to go for the store kung san mo nabili yun, and ask if covered pa ng warranty. if not, let them contact a supplier and request for a brand new one. i don't suggest you would go for the surplus types, kasi bka may mga damage din yun. i also had my laptop's lcd replaced, it was a batch defect from asus. i only had for 2 months when the screen got red dots all over, and the color black becomes red. i had replaced through the warranty, and it took me about 3 weeks for the parts to arrive from taiwan and have it replaced. and if di na covered sa warranty yung lcd nyo, and u plan to buy it, it would cost around 10th to 15 th dpende sa model ... mas mahal pag may cam na installed yung screen ...

ganun tlga mga problema sa mga lcds sa laptop natin, madaling masira. kaya konting ingat lng po tayo ...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    pinoylaptops.com

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    You may visit tipidpc.com and search for laptop repair shop that offer lcd replacement. I was able to replace my hp pavilion broken lcd for only 18K versus 40K recommended by HP customer support.

Help!! Looking for Laptop LCD screen