New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am building a new 24 sq m bachelor's pad. my query is about the electricity requirements...First, only 5 CFLs, six 2-gang outlets, and 1 outlet for 1.5hp aircon...

Now, what is the size of the electrical wires (THHN) to use for the 5 switches? for the six 2-gang outlets? and also for the 1.5hp aircon? Would THHN #12 be sufficient?

For the circuit breakers- should I use 15 amperes or 20 amperes for the 5 switches? a separate 15 or 20 amperes for the six 2-gang outlets? and what about for the 1.5hp aircon, 30 or 40 amperes?

I am not familiar with these...and I appreciate anyone who could help me here...TIA

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    14ga for lights/switches w 10a cb,12ga for outlets w/ 15a cb, 10ga for water heater and acu up to 1 tonne using 20a cb. Main cb at 40a.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Last edited by 12vdc; September 15th, 2014 at 10:33 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My position here is that it would be best if you just have it designed and done professionally by a certified electrician. There may be provisions in the national building code that specifically pertains to electrical systems in buildings that an untrained person might miss or violate.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I agree with OJ88, for major electrical projects it is best to have a certified electrician handle it.

Help on electricity requirements....