New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    scenario:

2 different laptops in one network connection:

1. Toshiba (Vista) - site visited (i.e. gmail.com, friendster.com etc. = Not Blocked)

2. Dell (Vista) - site visited (i.e. gmail.com, friendster.com etc. = Site is Blocked)

question:

1. What's supposed to be the problem here? and what would be the solution...

--- i have searched over the net but i'm not yet sure if this is possible since i haven't tried yet... according to some forums,,, its the MTU set to 1500 should be changed to 1492... would that be possible?

Your inputs are most welcome! Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    what Internet browser are you using, have you tried switching to another one?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka naman sa settings ng firewall nung second laptop

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Probably an IP restriction. Try to take note of the network info of the 1st laptop (ip address, gateway, subnet). Shut down the 1st laptop, in the 2nd laptop set the network info which you took from the 1st laptop. Try browsing the net and see if it works. If it does then there are only specific IP addresses allowed to browse the internet

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Lot of issues concerning site visited blocked. One is your firewall setting. Another could be an installed antivirus with firewall. Windows firewall is just fine. 2 or more fw running at the same time can conflict with each other. IP configs could be another thing. Set your IP config to just automatic. DHCP assigns IP address automatically to any computer connected to a network if it is enabled. Another could be browser's security settings.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    what Internet browser are you using, have you tried switching to another one?
    i've tried using IE ver7, Firefox and even Google Chrome but still the same... i have noticed also another guy brought his Acer laptop and plug into the network,,, he can access most of the sites which are blocked on the Dell laptop.... it's kind of weird thing but still i'm trying to figure it out...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan View Post
    Lot of issues concerning site visited blocked. One is your firewall setting. Another could be an installed antivirus with firewall. Windows firewall is just fine. 2 or more fw running at the same time can conflict with each other. IP configs could be another thing. Set your IP config to just automatic. DHCP assigns IP address automatically to any computer connected to a network if it is enabled. Another could be browser's security settings.
    IP config is set to DHCP enabled. Meaning, its a dynamic settings wherein it will automatically assign it's own IP address... I think, it's also not applicable if I use the same IP address with the Toshiba laptop that use to browse the sites which are block from the Dell... It might conflict in the server if I use the same IP / Subnet Mask / Gateways etc... at the same time...

I think, I am going to try the MTU settings later on... but the one I have observed from the Acer laptop... i have checked its MTU is set to 1500... as the same with the Dell laptop... and Toshiba...

Anyways, thanks for all your inputs...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    try another pc, preferably non-acer, kahit clone PC. if the access of the 3rd pc is not blocked. then the problem is the Dell Laptop, not the connection.

help!