New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pls suggest a good easy to use cloning software. I will upgrade to a ssd and want to clone my hdd. I dont have a dvd rom if that matters. If possible freeware or available for free download.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Pls suggest a good easy to use cloning software. I will upgrade to a ssd and want to clone my hdd. I dont have a dvd rom if that matters. If possible freeware or available for free download.
    Try Clonezilla.

check mo muna if your PC supports booting from USB, then check the website on how you can make a bootable clonezilla usb drive...although you will need to use a USB HDD to attach your SDD/old HD to.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    No need to look too far. Most, if not all, retail SSDs are already bundled with free cloning software.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm answering my own question. The Crucial M500 480GB SSD I bought did not come with any software. It was the only thing in the box. I also bought a OCZ SSD upgrade kit. This came with a CD copy of Arconis True Image but I dont have a dvd drive so cant use it.

I downloaded a freeware called AOMEI Backupper. Pretty easy and painless to use. Only problem I ran into was my laptop could not detect the SSD when I 1st connected it using the OCZ. Turns out that I had to format it 1st. Never formatted a drive using win7. So googled it. The actual cloning took several hours. Tying this on my new SSD drive.

The laptop does seem faster but its not a night and day difference. WEI hd score went from 5.9 to 7.9

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I rather do this. It's free too. All part of windows.

How to move windows 7 to a new or larger hard drive using Backup and Restore

So long as it's only the hard drive that's changed and not motherboard/CPU, there's no need to reactivate Windows.