New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Like what KevinP said...

Most of the things posted are true, rich, poor, gov't, middleclass working people, majority of people here don't care about the country, nagiging "defensive" or "patriotic - i love pinas" ek ek lang kung may tumira or may sumikat.

If you love your country, obey the law, have courtesy and respect for other people's rights. Not that hard of a concept. But do most people do that? No...

Do you throw cig butts on the floor when you smoke?
    Do you park/stop in no parking/stopping zones if you're waiting for someone? (porke "wala namang kotse eh!"
    Do you keep intersection (yellow box) clear during intersections?
    Sa supermarket, do you return the carts from the parking lot to the designated cart return? Lintek sa mga shopwise, macro etc kung san san linalagay.
    Nagcocounter flow ka ba dahil malapit na kanto na lilikuan mo tapos traffic?
    Pag ikaw ang liliko at wala kang right of way, nagflaflash o busina ka pa as if ikaw ang dapat pagbigyan? Greenmeadows/Acropolis/Valle peeps, daming ganun.

Dami pang everyday thing that adds up to the screw ups of this country that spirals into bigger things. If the people (majority) is in order, the gov't will run better, if not, don't expect it to. Kaya nga democracy eh.

Stop pointing fingers and correct yourselves first.

Ako di ako Pinoy, but I grew up here. All I can say about the Phil is "Sayang"... Smart and loving people by nature, wealth in natural resources, ultra strategic geographical location for ports and trade... But the people that makes the country don't care.

Murahin nyo ako ok lang...

Don't forget the corrupt government officials... kahit na legal na lahat ng paperwork mo hahanap at hahanap parin yan ng butas para pagkwartahan ka... Tapos sasabihin walang pera ang gobyerno, bat di nila tanungin sarili nila? Tapos itataas ng 2% yung VAT. Sheesh this is a F*ckd up country.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i saw that ad too...milagro nakalusot ito -- sa edsa pa!

she's right about corruption, pero parang masyadong sinisingle out si GMA -- as if all other politicians before weren't corrupt. Ang impression ko tuloy e smear campaign sa kampo ni Erap

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    It would be the height of unfairness and vanity to always pin the blame on the people running the government. That would be the easy way out.

Ako, I stopped pinning my hopes on whoever's in power. Para hindi na ganun kalaki ang frustration sa buhay. Once you decide to make it on your own, just do so, regardless of who is sitting in the Palace.

Instead of waiting and wailing for our leaders to do the right thing, maybe we should have the initiative to do the right thing, in the lives we lead everyday. Ipakita natin sa mga yan na mas magandang magsilbing halimbawa ang mamamayan kaysa kung sinong Poncio Pilato. We're the only ones who can redeem ourselves at this point.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Please lang wag naman po sana tumaas ang VAT sigurado daw magsasara company namin. whahahahaha

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Totoo naman lahat na sinabi ni Katie. The only people that are angry at her are the people who are ashamed of the truth. Pahiya lang kayo kasi ayaw lang ninyo ma-broadcast ang garbage natin. If you live here all your life, you don't know how really bad this country is. If you live in garbage, you think garbage is the only way to live. I find it really funny that all these verbal attacks on Katie were all in personal nature and none of them disagree with the issues she brought up. This proves clearly why Philippines rank #1 in the world in journalists getting murdered. They even surpassed Columbia!

The must ridiculous excuse I've heard so far is "don't hate the people, hate the government." as if it's that easy. Corruption is embedded into filipinos way of life, its society, and its thinking. Government, cityhall employees, pulis, BIR, journalists, military, barangay, fire dept, are corrupt. Many many more that I didn't mention are just as corrupt. Even that computer you bought that you thought was 2 ghz was probably just a 1.7 ghz overclocked by your favorite merchant. So who are these corrupt people? Well, they're filipinos. They're us. Who voted for your rep, senate, president, vice-prez, barangays? Yup, it's the pinoys. If you're just an employee who works at the office from 9 to 5, you won't encounter corruption. But if you're a businessman like me that has to do everything from acquiring a license to all those ridiculous inspections, you'll just be disappointed. Bribes, kickbacks, "express fee", walang katapusan talaga. I onced talked to a high-ranking cityhall employee (a good friend of mine), I said to him if there's ever going to be a president that will be strong enough to eliminate corruption in this country. He looked at me and smirked, he said there's enough corrupt employees out there that can take down any president. The president wouldn't dare challenge them. That's maybe the reason GMA would rather raise the VAT than fight corruption. It's because she realizes corruption is already part of the pinoy culture. Do you think every employed pinoys out there are ready to get audited and have the BIR check their income tax statement?

Aside from corruption, I haven't even touched pinoy's ghetto behavior. Umiihi kahit saan saan, hindi marunung pumila, laging buntis, obsess sa mga boldstar, bastos magmaneho, happy-go-lucky, extra-marital affairs, sipon missile, dumudura sa pader, short-tempered, madaling magwala, and the infamous "bahala na!" lifestyle. Sino dito sa inyo walang kilala na na wan-tu-tri?

Katie whines a lot and never does anything to improve our situation. But is she doing anything different than what we're doing here? We're venting here at Tsikot everyday and yet none of you are picketting anywhere. I personally respect someone who is not afraid to tell it like it is than someone who is ashamed of the truth.
    Last edited by jolog1; February 10th, 2005 at 06:04 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Boss Jolog1...

Pasensya na sa iba mukhang tama po sya...

Isang bagay lang naman ang hindi nya nasabi masyado ang pinoy na ipokrito at mahilig magmalinis.

sigh...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    It would be the height of unfairness and vanity to always pin the blame on the people running the government. That would be the easy way out.

Ako, I stopped pinning my hopes on whoever's in power. Para hindi na ganun kalaki ang frustration sa buhay. Once you decide to make it on your own, just do so, regardless of who is sitting in the Palace.

Instead of waiting and wailing for our leaders to do the right thing, maybe we should have the initiative to do the right thing, in the lives we lead everyday. Ipakita natin sa mga yan na mas magandang magsilbing halimbawa ang mamamayan kaysa kung sinong Poncio Pilato. We're the only ones who can redeem ourselves at this point.
    another bullseye. especially the "in the lives we lead everyday" part.

I personally don't mind all the whining and complaining, heck almost all of us has done something "illegal" e.g... beating the red light, peeing on the streets, etc. But for a high ranking public official like GMA saying that "We are on our way to economic recovery" is BULL and everybody knows it... ano kala niya satin? TAN-Ga? The fact is that only a handfull enjoyed "Economic Growth" like those telecom companies. The industries that matter like export and tourism hasn't picked up that much, and what does the government do? Increase the VAT? And where does the additional revenue go? We all know the answer. This country is the pits. But we live here... this is our home, might as well make the most out of it.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jolog1
    Totoo naman lahat na sinabi ni Katie. The only people that are angry at her are the people who are ashamed of the truth. Pahiya lang kayo kasi ayaw lang ninyo ma-broadcast ang garbage natin. If you live here all your life, you don't know how really bad this country is. If you live in garbage, you think garbage is the only way to live. I find it really funny that all these verbal attacks on Katie were all in personal nature and none of them disagree with the issues she brought up. This proves clearly why Philippines rank #1 in the world in journalists getting murdered. They even surpassed Columbia!

The must ridiculous excuse I've heard so far is "don't hate the people, hate the government." as if it's that easy. Corruption is embedded into filipinos way of life, its society, and its thinking. Government, cityhall employees, pulis, BIR, journalists, military, barangay, fire dept, are corrupt. Many many more that I didn't mention are just as corrupt. Even that computer you bought that you thought was 2 ghz was probably just a 1.7 ghz overclocked by your favorite merchant. So who are these corrupt people? Well, they're filipinos. They're us. Who voted for your rep, senate, president, vice-prez, barangays? Yup, it's the pinoys. If you're just an employee who works at the office from 9 to 5, you won't encounter corruption. But if you're a businessman like me that has to do everything from acquiring a license to all those ridiculous inspections, you'll just be disappointed. Bribes, kickbacks, "express fee", walang katapusan talaga. I onced talked to a high-ranking cityhall employee (a good friend of mine), I said to him if there's ever going to be a president that will be strong enough to eliminate corruption in this country. He looked at me and smirked, he said there's enough corrupt employees out there that can take down any president. The president wouldn't dare challenge them. That's maybe the reason GMA would rather raise the VAT than fight corruption. It's because she realizes corruption is already part of the pinoy culture. Do you think every employed pinoys out there are ready to get audited and have the BIR check their income tax statement?

Aside from corruption, I haven't even touched pinoy's ghetto behavior. Umiihi kahit saan saan, hindi marunung pumila, laging buntis, obsess sa mga boldstar, bastos magmaneho, happy-go-lucky, extra-marital affairs, sipon missile, dumudura sa pader, short-tempered, madaling magwala, and the infamous "bahala na!" lifestyle. Sino dito sa inyo walang kilala na na wan-tu-tri?

Katie whines a lot and never does anything to improve our situation. But is she doing anything different than what we're doing here? We're venting here at Tsikot everyday and yet none of you are picketting anywhere. I personally respect someone who is not afraid to tell it like it is than someone who is ashamed of the truth.
    Since you started about Political Correctness by facing all these problems of the country, I would also say that it is POLITICALLY INCORRECT TO HATE YOUR OWN COUNTRY when it is just the way it is! Just like hating your own family because they are poor or do not have decent clothes to wear. HATE is a very strong word to use over dislike of your own culture.

If she is really passionate to initiate a social overhaul, then she should lobby it and see if she can do it on her own. But lobbying it by starting with derogatory, disparaging statements that she HATES her own country just because of the culture? This will definitely not gain any supporters! I, for one, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT AGREE WITH HER. PERIOD!!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Hate Philippines Website