New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Today at the Sony E3 press conference in Los Angeles, California, it was revealed to much fanfare that the highly anticipated Gran Turismo 5, exclusively on the PlayStation 3 system, will be in stores on November 2, 2010.

Since its debut over 10 years ago, the Gran Turismo franchise has set the standard for racing games in graphics, driving physics, depth, and variety. The release of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue in 2008 for the PlayStation3 console gave fans a glimpse of some of the technological advancements to come in Gran Turismo 5. And now, Gran Turismo 5 is set to raise the bar again with an unprecedented 950+ cars, a wealth of online multiplayer and community features, and just about every style of racing imaginable, all built around a brand-new advanced physics engine and Gran Turismo's signature cutting-edge graphics.

GT fans will finally be able to experience what will be the biggest and best Gran Turismo game ever, and a limited Collector's Edition for Gran Turismo 5 will also be available. Retailing for $99.99 SRP, the Collector's Edition features a must-have collection of items hand-picked for Gran Turismo fans. Click here to learn more information about the Collector's Edition. Quantities will be limited, so serious Gran Turismo fans should pre-order their copy.

Finally, Gran Turismo 5 will offer exclusive in-game cars as pre-order incentives, including a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, a Nissan GT-R GT500, a McLaren F1 and more. Each car features an exclusive Gran Turismo-themed livery custom-designed by Polyphony Digital, with select performance upgrades over the standard versions of the cars available in the game. Pre-orders offers are coming soon at participating retailers. These pre-order cars are available for both the standard and Collector's Edition versions.
    Source: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5233.html

The question is, totoong-totoo ba na sa November na ang launch date ng Gran Turismo 5 or baka ma-delay pa?

If nandito na, will you buy it or not?

Decide...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Who knows? Pwede pa rin ma-delay sana wag na!

In the meantime, I am playing Forza 3 for the XBox 360. Its a very good clone!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmfBf_sAz5Y"]Gran Turismo 5 E3 2010[/ame]

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's confirmed. It was only delayed because of extra code that had to be rewritten to satisfy Sony (I don't know if it was network code, the code for 3D, or what... damn Sony...).

But it's confirmed. 3D... car damage... fully modelled interiors... over 600 cars... day-to-night transition in real time... droooooool.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's confirmed. It was only delayed because of extra code that had to be rewritten to satisfy Sony (I don't know if it was network code, the code for 3D, or what... damn Sony...).

But it's confirmed. 3D... car damage... fully modelled interiors... over 600 cars... day-to-night transition in real time... droooooool.
    High/Low beam, dynamic crowd, attempt to keep graffiti on the nurburgring up-to-date as possible (exception of profanity), car models acumulate dirt, functioning reverse light, interior lighting (night).

“While racing the 24 hours of Nurburgring, you can smell people’s barbecues — we couldn’t recreate that.” — Kazunori Yamauchi

WTF.

Tuscana day/night transition Cam shot
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY4cBWYK08A&hd=1"]YouTube- Gran Turismo 5 E3 2010 Day and Night Transition[/ame]
    Last edited by Negus; June 17th, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And for me, nandyan yung TOG GEAR test track where Stig always makes his hot lap... COOL!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    And for me, nandyan yung TOG GEAR test track where Stig always makes his hot lap... COOL!
    There's also the AI driver wearing a white jumpsuit and wearing a white Simpson Bandit helmet who may or may not be The Stig.

Am I excited? Why, yes, yes I am.

There's only ONE reason I own a PS3. And that reason is Gran Turismo. It's the only thing I play. :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's only ONE reason I own a PS3. And that reason is Gran Turismo. It's the only thing I play. :hysterical:
    So technically, as of this writing...you should be owning a "Prologue" version of the PS3 instead of the full-on deal. Bwahahaha!

C'mon Polyphony, release the damn thing already. Gestation is taking too long.

By the way our very own Zamboanga City seems to be featured as an actual track in GT5. Check out the Wikipedia article.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    So technically, as of this writing...you should be owning a "Prologue" version of the PS3 instead of the full-on deal. Bwahahaha!
    I wish. half price din sana. :hysterical:

C'mon Polyphony, release the damn thing already. Gestation is taking too long.
    They were going to last year, Sony stopped them. Asked them to add some code for some Sony feature.

By the way our very own Zamboanga City seems to be featured as an actual track in GT5. Check out the Wikipedia article.
    Might be a joke? Haven't heard anything at GTPlanet (I trust GTPlanet more because there are one or two insiders there, and they're more careful about what they post).

Anyone can alter a wiki if the editors aren't watching carefully.

Would be freaking fantastic kung totoo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Looks like in Japan, when this game launches on the first week on November, they'll be offering some kind of limited edition bundle.

Look:

This will be different from the U.S. version limited edition.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
GT5 Launch Date - Correct me if I'm wrong