New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    how do you do this? for example yung ref / microwave oven may ground wire, saan niyo ito kinakabit? kahit anong bakal lang ba?

kung kahit saang bakal lang eh di parang in-extend mo lang yung wire mo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Grounding wires should be metal attached to any part of your house (better use some firm ground support such as main beams). For cemented walls with power outlets, grounding can be screwed with the screw tabs from your outlet. Plywood or wooden walls will have to get grounding from the nearest cemented wall attached by a wire.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    New appliances usually comes with grounding wires [third prong]. Even if your socket has that ground inlet, it does no good if it is not grounded. Grounded means as it is - GROUNDED - konektado sa lupa. Hindi lahat ng parte ng bahay eh grounded. Only metals that are stuck to the ground are grounded. Sa main electric lines on the streets, you usually see a ground line na medyo mababa kesa main lines. Iyon eh grounded sa source. Some of the 220V sa Pilipinas are 110/110. If you measure one of the wires against ground, you get 110V. But if you measure across, you get 220V. But some I believe are 220/0. So you get 0V on one of the wires if measured to ground. This is what I understand and don't quote me as I may be wrong...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jesi that is true.

Hindi rin porke bakal na protruding was wall would be ground wire na.

Your options would be to:

1) tap it sa water pipe na bakal at dumaan (bumaon) sa lupa.
    2) make one yourself. Just like the ground connection of the pldt or any landline phone...they would hammer or drive a metal rod (about1/4 inch diameter and 3 feet length would be fine) sa lupa (usually sa tabi ng retaining wall para hindi sagabal) until mga 3 to 6inches na lang ang nakalitaw. Wrap an electrical wire dun sa exposed tip (splice the insulation ha) and tape it with an electrical tape....viola that is now your grounding wire.

The purpose of grounding is to avoid electrical shock or hazards sa mga electrical appliances. Pag ka kasi nagkaroon ng exposed electrical current (specially the high voltage 110/220 or more) and napadikit ito sa body ng appliance e pede kang makoryente. Kung grounded yun hindi ka makokoryente.

my 2 cents.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nakuryente na ko ng ref na hindi properly grounded dati. hehehe. Ang lakas!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Nakuryente na ko ng ref na hindi properly grounded dati. hehehe. Ang lakas!

OT

:D kaya pala ikaw naman ang nangunguryente ngayon ng mga chicks!!!

grounding household appliances