New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    POTENTIALLY, that is.....

A thread for the upcoming game Grand Theft Auto IV :

Pre-ordered mine. medyo late nga lang, hoping it won't be backordered. *crosses fingers*. Played all 3 games that came before it. I really like the idea of doing anything and everything possible (*almost) in a metropolis.

Guys, what are you're thoughts on this game and the previous ones in the series. I heard the car physics in this game is much improved almost Gran turismo daw. exciting sigurado ang car chases nito lalo na sa multiplayer!
    Last edited by Negus; April 16th, 2008 at 07:38 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have also pre-ordered mine, unfortunately since my XBox 360 is busted I have to settle for the PS3 version.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Free roam... unlimited freedom to kill, destroy, etcetera? It was fun once or twice, but it got boring in vice city... standing on top of a building and blowing up a zillion tanks as they come at you in a line... still, I DID play that game an awful lot...

I'm certain that I'll give it a try... should be good for a week's worth of laughs... but I don't expect them to be able to implement Turismo physics on a free-roam engine... requires too much processing power. The current GT5p physics are very good, and it'll be hard for any arcade game to replicate it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Cause they are very different games. GTAIV is not really a driving game rather an action adventure game with driving elements, whilst Gran Turismo is purely a racing game.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    must... buy... ps3... LOL

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Grand Theft Auto IV Europe Ad.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=voycZ0eixpk"]YouTube - Grand Theft Auto IV 'UK TV SPOT' HD QUALITY[/ame]

It seems microsoft is heavily promoting the game as a bundle to the xbox360 plus it has Downloadable Content (episodes) which is a big draw. Kaso Sony has already won the HD format wars with their blue ray kaya ps3 kinuha ko but not bundled with GTA IV.
    Last edited by Negus; April 19th, 2008 at 08:33 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/869/869381p7.html

IGN gave it a PERFECT 10. WOW I can;t wait anymore bukas na yung release nito I have already pre-ordered mine unfortunately baka May 2 ko pa makuha sa akin....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kailan ba lalabas PC version? Sana kaya pa ng computer ko Dengit...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Dunno, I am getting the PS3 version para iwas sakit ulo sa PC kasi di ka sigurado kung kakayanin tapos pag di kaya laki gastos pa...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Oo nga eh, kaso wala akong Xbox or PS3 masgusto ko PC. Experience ko kasi sa GTA3, VC, and SA is pwede palitan yung handling ng cars to make them more realistic. That was probably the best thing to do with the GTA series starting from GTA3 - the ability to modify the attributes of the game. Yung GTA SA, VC and GTA3 nagagawan ng paraan yung handling attributes of each car. You can make them FWD, RWD, AWD, etc. and the complexity increased as the game progressed from GTA3, VC and then San Andreas. It's not really cheating, but making the cars more realistic. I can now do powerslides in a Sentinel for example, dati ok siya pero bitin.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Grand Theft Auto IV - The Greatest Game of All Time