New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    So, my computer's HDD crashed.

As a quick fix, Installed Linux (OS13.2) on a 16Gb USB drive.

When I googled something, I noticed that the browser can't display my location (it says unknown). Using the same computer a few days earlier with Windows7 Sp1, it would always show my exact location.

Question: in windows, how I disable Google, or any entity for that matter, in knowing my location (aside from proxies and the like).

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For Win10, its under settings, privacy, location. just turn location switch off.

For Win 7:

1. Open the Start menu
    2. In the Search box, enter “sensor” (without quotes)
    3. In the Control Panel list, select "Enable location and other sensors"
    4. A list of installed sensors will be given.
    5. Enable or disable them as preferred by using the checkbox next to a sensor. An example is shown in the figure below.
    6. Click “Apply”

For Win8
    1. Open Control Panel.
    2. In the Control Panel search box, enter “sensor” (without quotes)
    3. Click “Change location settings”
    4. The dialog shown below will open
    5. In the settings, you can choose whether to let users turn on location sensing for individual apps (administrator privileges required for this setting)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For Win10, its under settings, privacy, location. just turn location switch off.

For Win 7:

1. Open the Start menu
    2. In the Search box, enter “sensor” (without quotes)
    3. In the Control Panel list, select "Enable location and other sensors"
    4. A list of installed sensors will be given.
    5. Enable or disable them as preferred by using the checkbox next to a sensor. An example is shown in the figure below.
    6. Click “Apply”

For Win8
    1. Open Control Panel.
    2. In the Control Panel search box, enter “sensor” (without quotes)
    3. Click “Change location settings”
    4. The dialog shown below will open
    5. In the settings, you can choose whether to let users turn on location sensing for individual apps (administrator privileges required for this setting)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks a lot Sir! I'll give it a try when I install Windows again. So far, I'm enjoying OpenSUSE 13.2. I didn't realize it's so intuitive to use.

I just a have a little problem. I can't seem to install Flash. Apparently, it's already in the repository of OS but i can't seem to "unpack" or make it run. I already did "SU zypper in flash-player" at the terminal.

Would you have any idea to fix that? Thanks

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks a lot Sir! I'll give it a try when I install Windows again. So far, I'm enjoying OpenSUSE 13.2. I didn't realize it's so intuitive to use.

I just a have a little problem. I can't seem to install Flash. Apparently, it's already in the repository of OS but i can't seem to "unpack" or make it run. I already did "SU zypper in flash-player" at the terminal.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

flash in opensuse right?

download it muna from get.adobe.com/flashplayer
    tar -zxvf install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
    cd install_flash_player_10_linux
    ~/install_flash_player_10_linux> ./flashplayer-installer

should install from there.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

flash in opensuse right?

download it muna from get.adobe.com/flashplayer
    tar -zxvf install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
    cd install_flash_player_10_linux
    ~/install_flash_player_10_linux> ./flashplayer-installer

should install from there.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

you may also want to try Ubuntu 15.10 (new release). maganda and very intuitive.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

you may also want to try Ubuntu 15.10 (new release). maganda and very intuitive.