The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Google is going for the kill...

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/...chrome-os.html

Beginning of the end for Microsoft.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I think it's still not the end but it would make Microsoft think twice for their future plans on enhancing most of their applications especially on their web services and specifically on their pricing strategy.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Google OS might be good for netbooks/very old pc which are still great for web-surfing.

As for web-based apps........ I'll pass. I'm not the kind to trust anyone, even Google, with the security of my documents/information.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i agree its far from the end of microsoft. pero i know that companies (recently worked with a couple) are already using Google's business solutions, that includes its Web Apps.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    i agree its far from the end of microsoft. pero i know that companies (recently worked with a couple) are already using Google's business solutions, that includes its Web Apps.
    Web-based apps are fine if security isn't a big concern. I might even use them myself for ordinary stuff.

But with ID theft such a big deal, I'd be very careful of what I upload to the web or store at someone else's servers.

For me, netbooks are entertainment devices. The lighter the OS, the better. I look forward to having the lightweight Google OS pre-installed.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP
    Web-based apps are fine if security isn't a big concern. I might even use them myself for ordinary stuff.

But with ID theft such a big deal, I'd be very careful of what I upload to the web or store at someone else's servers.
    and i agree with you on that too. im just saying that more companies are using google apps for their operations already.

i don't use netbooks myself; don't plan on getting one in the near future either.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If it will be able to run autocad then that will be the end of micro$oft for me!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i'm currently using google chrome browser for the following reasons:
    1) light on memory usage
    2) faster loading than i.e.
    3) very simple interface/menus

with that said, i think the google chrome os would be a good alternative to windows since their browser is already as good if not better than Microsoft's internet explorer. the browser is just a start of the possibility the new os would bring.

just my opinion though

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    i'm currently using google chrome browser for the following reasons:
    1) light on memory usage
    2) faster loading than i.e.
    3) very simple interface/menus

with that said, i think the google chrome os would be a good alternative to windows since their browser is already as good if not better than Microsoft's internet explorer. the browser is just a start of the possibility the new os would bring.

just my opinion though
    This is very true. We had real-time comparison on IE8, FF3, SAFARI and GC. The latter had the least resources being used up, followed by FF, SAFARI and IE.

Of the four in terms of availability of add-ons I still prefer FF, since am using the XMarks, showIP showAS and Foxclock that are no yet in GC which are very much needed on my day-to-day use.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Competition is always good for the consumers.

Bring it on. Google!

Google Chrome OS