New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    I just availed of the Speak and Surf promo of Globe yesterday and I should be getting the units within the week. It includes a wireless telephone and a wireless modem all for P1300 a month. The wireless telephone I was able to use from Levitown to the Skyway going down Amorsolo and all the way to my office here in Makati registering 3-5 bars as signal strength. I was talking to someone in her PLDT phone at no extra charge.It is a good thing that they came with this promo as I just applied for a PLDT phone for my office which I just cancelled. Now, I can bring the telephone (bulky nga lang) inside my car and use it as a landline while enjoying free connection to my clients. There are some areas though that is giving me choppy reception but I can live with it.

Now the second half of the deal. It includes a wireless modem which I just placed on top of my pc and viola I am connected at 256kbps of internet.Not bad considering the applications and surfing that I use. Physical connection is via USB or lan cable so I get to use both my PC and laptop whichever suits my fancy at that time.

The wireless phone is very similar to the discontinued Broadband phone couple of months back. Difference is, Broadband was disallowed only a couple of months after but I dont think it will happen to Globe. I am thinking of putting a strap holder on my arm rest to avoid movement of the unit while mobile. I was told that they cater mainly to the South and some parts of the North which is just fine by me. Improvements on the number of cell sites will happen Q3 of this year including replacing the phones with 3G capability.

I almost forgot, it also inlcludes 500 free text messages using your wireless phone. Kinda weird when you use it, but hey it is free!!!

No I am not advertising this, I am just sharing an alternative for you.
    Last edited by fireblade; July 11th, 2006 at 10:27 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pare contact number naman....
    meron na kaya sila sa pampanga?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I'm glad PLDT is being given strong competition by Globe on their landlines. I hope that with friendly competition, PLDT can finally come out with schemes to improve the landline service i.e. bundled services, lower costs and combined billing, etc.

Fireblade, can you actually use the wireless landline while the car is moving? I understand that the unit 'looks' for a cellsite 5-8 kms from where you are...If it is, the wireless landline will be a great alternative to cellphones, esp when you use it in your 'tsikot'

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    pare contact number naman....
    meron na kaya sila sa pampanga?

Customer service is 9198888.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks similar sa offer noong Sunday sa Hitop Grocery.... Mango ang brand, dunno if they have a tie-up with digitel, andoon kasi logo nila, and I was in a hurry, did'nt bother to read the fine prints.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical!
    I'm glad PLDT is being given strong competition by Globe on their landlines. I hope that with friendly competition, PLDT can finally come out with schemes to improve the landline service i.e. bundled services, lower costs and combined billing, etc.

Fireblade, can you actually use the wireless landline while the car is moving? I understand that the unit 'looks' for a cellsite 5-8 kms from where you are...If it is, the wireless landline will be a great alternative to cellphones, esp when you use it in your 'tsikot'

Cary,

Yes, Menchit and I were using the phone from my house, Dona Soledad,Skyway, Amorsolo, Makati Med, Buendia, RCBC and bamm signal went dead coz I was already in the basement parking

Best of all, the dealer was very accomodating to lend me the unit for 1 day plus an actual demo of the modem in my place last sunday.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup Digitel ang Mango...nagtanong na rin ako sa kanila...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for sharing it with us....buti ngayon may alternative na tayo....pumapangit na serbisyo ng PLDT...dati nang may call barring (for 187,108,109) feature itong business line ko sa kanila...nawala kaya tawag ako to put it back...nakaka tatlong follow up na ako sa kanila hanggang ngayon di pa rin naibabalik yung call barring feature ko....ang hirap hirap pa naman maka contact sa 171

iyang Globe ang kukunin ko para sa matatapos na bahay....south area naman sya

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bad trip bakit walang gustong mag expand dito sa pampanga....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hehe onga..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Globe Speak and Surf Promo- I just availed!