New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Been inclined to subscribe to this either via their 1MB or 2MB promo (free landline), and too bad Globe lang meron sa lugar namin, also para at least wala na din akong babayarang monthly phone bills kaya medyo makakatipid. SmartBro sana kaso that would mean I still have to pay my phone bills. Just wanna get your idea or suggestions if okey ba ang Globe in as far as connections is concerned. Any suggestions and comments are highly appreciated.

- I have already a landline, would it be better if I apply a new line or just apply for the extra service like Broadband? Gusto ko kasi new line since my brod would want to keep our old line for his family (matter of transfer), and gusto ko din magkaroon ng sarili phone line.

- How would the interface be? via modem ba or router? provided na ba during installation ang router?

- also, I saw sa website is the connection would be via USB, not the conventional LAN cable, is this true or would I have other options?

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I suggest you visit www.pinoydsl.net for wide range of opinions on various net providers.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    thanks for the link bro Picard

Was able to browse that site also (member na din hehe)....

Anyways, just wanted to know if anyone here from Tsikot uses GB and perhaps could share some experiences and help me with my inquiries...

Good Day everyone!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hello bro nag avail din ako ng globe broadband yung kanilang first promo were in you will pay only 999 pesos+landlinefee of around 500pesos.okey naman yung service.Now they have a new promo, you will pay only the broadband fee of 999 less the landline so 1thousand na lang di ba laking tipid sana.Kaya lang hindi ako pwedeng mag avail dahil nakatali daw ako sa 24month contract .my other disapointment yung promo nilang 999 noon ay hanggang 10 month lang pala since that i already reach my 10th month i am now paying the cost of their regular price which is 1,334.82.If i want to avail of their new promo i will have to terminate the contract and pay the termination fee of 7000pesos plus the 2 month charges.I feel na parang nahuli ako sa kanilang bitag my mistake ay hindi ako ang nag apply kundi yung daugther ko at medyo tinamad yata syang basahin yung terms and conditions o siguro hindi sa kanya nasabi na ganoon ang terms and condition.So if i were you please read througly the terms and conditions

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lito62 View Post
    hello bro nag avail din ako ng globe broadband yung kanilang first promo were in you will pay only 999 pesos+landlinefee of around 500pesos.okey naman yung service.Now they have a new promo, you will pay only the broadband fee of 999 less the landline so 1thousand na lang di ba laking tipid sana.Kaya lang hindi ako pwedeng mag avail dahil nakatali daw ako sa 24month contract .my other disapointment yung promo nilang 999 noon ay hanggang 10 month lang pala since that i already reach my 10th month i am now paying the cost of their regular price which is 1,334.82.If i want to avail of their new promo i will have to terminate the contract and pay the termination fee of 7000pesos plus the 2 month charges.I feel na parang nahuli ako sa kanilang bitag my mistake ay hindi ako ang nag apply kundi yung daugther ko at medyo tinamad yata syang basahin yung terms and conditions o siguro hindi sa kanya nasabi na ganoon ang terms and condition.So if i were you please read througly the terms and conditions
    Thnx bro for the info and reminder

Yeah, will look deeply about that T&C. Yun nga kainis sa giant firms na ito, it has always been a marketing strategy whenever they rollout new plans or products...

Still waiting pa din ako for available line/ports sa area namin sa Pasig....Globe couldn't assure exactly when...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    - How would the interface be? via modem ba or router? provided na ba during installation ang router?

- also, I saw sa website is the connection would be via USB, not the conventional LAN cable, is this true or would I have other options?

Thanks in advance!
    When we got connected (two years ago), we were given a USB modem to use. But in a few friends' more recent installations, they provided Ethernet based modems. It didn't really matter, because I replaced mine with a router-modem. Whether they provide routers depends on the plan, only the highest plans have routers as standard.

Re the termination fee/T&C/Php999 promo issues: I guess we're just lucky our contract is about to expire. We haven't availed of the promo yet, malapit na.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; March 9th, 2007 at 03:25 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ok ba ang feedback neto around south area? alabang ang the likes?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mura nga ngaun globe broadband... same as the globe unlimited txt.. baka mamaya after a few months mag mahal na ulit... ouch!!

Globe Broadband?