New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 15th, 2019 at 02:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005

the far right will never be convinced that the earth's climate is changing

kahit tunaw na ang polar ice, kahit maging waterworld ang buong earth hindi parin maniniwala

basta it's a liberal conspiracy

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

kahit tunaw na ang polar ice, kahit maging waterworld ang buong earth hindi parin maniniwala

i see what you did there . hahaha

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

I don't think anyone is arguing about the climate changing. Everyone knows it's changing. Where the arguments lie are at the causes....and what the best course of action is.

Personally, I don't mind what solution they come up with so long as they don't take away my gasoline-fueled car. There are vast distances to travel where I am and ICE vehicles are the only worthwhile modes of transportation.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 14th, 2019 at 12:49 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i had a debate here some years ago.
    the guy came on to me, as if he knew the answers.
    i said, we, as a species, haven't been on this earth long enough to even begin understanding global warming, what more do anything to mitigate it.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 14th, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i had a debate here some years ago.
    the guy came on to me, as if he knew the answers.
    i said, we, as a species, haven't been on this earth long enough to even begin understanding global warming, what more do anything to mitigate it.
    I don't care about the politics that concern climate change. But, the good practices that come with it can't hurt. I'm not against gradually moving completely to eco-friendly practices. For example, we already have solar panels at home with local electric power as backup. We also have recycling as standard procedure.

But, something like electric cars? I'm not for it until there are charging stations every 20 miles or so and that's across the whole country. Plus, electric cars (with long range) cost less than ICE vehicles.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Fogetabout climate warming caused by man. Dr Michael "hockey stick" Mann found to be in contempt of court for refusing to heed the request to submit his research and data as part of the court proceedings. Kung confident sya sa research nya, walang dahilan para hindi isumite ang kanyang research material para mapatunayan na nang libel si Dr Tim Ball. Eh kung alanganin, maghanap ng dahilan. Sa court kasi hindi pwede hocus focus sa method ng calculation, at kailangan i prove na hindi handpicked ang data.

Sabi nga:
    As can be seen from the graphs below; Mann’s cherry-picked version of science makes the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) disappear and shows a pronounced upward ‘tick’ in the late 20th century (the blade of his ‘hockey stick’). But below that, Ball’s graph, using more reliable and widely available public data, shows a much warmer MWP, with temperatures hotter than today, and showing current temperatures well within natural variation.

Mann’s now proven contempt of court means Ball is entitled to have the court serve upon Mann the fullest punishment. Contempt sanctions could reasonably include the judge ruling that Dr. Ball’s statement that Mann “belongs in the state pen, not Penn. State’ is a precise and true statement of fact. This is because under Canada’s unique ‘Truth Defense’, Mann is now proven to have wilfully hidden his data, so the court may rule he hid it because it is fake. As such, the court must then dismiss Mann’s entire libel suit with costs awarded to Ball and his team.

Sira na reputation ni Dr Mann at in doubt na ang UN IPCC recommendation based on the professor's hockey stick theory.

Report: Fatal Courtroom Act Ruins Michael ‘Hockey Stick’ Mann – ‘Commits contempt of court’ | Climate Depot

10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    CostalDEM, the study's coastal risk screening tool, showed how several coastal areas from north to south of the Philippines are projected to be in a flood zone within three decades.

How rising sea levels could affect PHL cities, towns by 25 | SciTech | GMA News Online

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast