New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hi All,
    I am planning to get a DSL connection for the house now that the rates are now affordable. The rates for both Globe and PLDT for a 384Kpbs connection are now less than P1K a month.

I live in the Las Pinas area so I would like to know if any tsikoteers in Las Pinas are using DSL and what is your feedback.

I have not called Globe yet so I am not sure if there is a globelines in my area. If not, what other DSL connections does the Las Pinas Tsikoteers are using? And do you recommend this?

I can't wait to get a DSL connection at home. I am tired of going out of the house to a hot spot if I need a high bandwidth connection. My dial-up speed at home is only 33Kbps. I have a PLDT / Smart WeRoam but the speed is also pathetic.

I hope you can enlighten me on this.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi available ang globelines sa Las Pinas. I applied for the plan P999 of PLDT last week of August pa. When I applied, they said it would take only 2 to 3 weeks para ma install, more than 2 months na, di pa din ako nakakabitan. Hindi kaya 2 to 3 months ang ibig nilang sabihin? pero hindi po ako bingi, 2 to 3 weeks nga ang sinasabi pag nag apply ka thru PLDT No. 172. Last follow up ko e kahapon lang. Kung taga Philam Village ka, meron cable internet na ino offer ang Las Pinas cable for about P1,380 pesos/month. So ganun ang sitwasyon, nakakainis pero ganun, parang pre zero back log era ang pagpapakabit ng dsl sa PLDT pag taga Las Pinas ka.
    Last edited by totoybato; November 22nd, 2005 at 06:10 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *greenlight: tama si totoy, walang globelines sa atin dyan sa las pinas. meron ding destiny cable (internet) dyan sa atin aside dun sa Las Pinas cable internet....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    totoybato, update naman pag nakabitan ka. hirap talaga magpakabit ng highspeed sa LPC

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Nagko-consider na din ako ng PLDT myDSL, pero ang bagal talaga ng service ng PLDT. Na-approve na kasi yung application namin for SMART Wi-Fi, may nagpunta na ngang crew daw sa bahay (Antipolo). Kaso wala kaming iniwang pera (kasi hindi naman nagsabi ang mga ugok na dadating sila), kaya hindi sila nag-iwan ng equipment, babalik na lang daw.

That was three weeks ago. Naghihintay pa rin kami, kahit nag-set aside na kami ng pera, hindi pa bumabalik. Gusto ko na ngang ipa-cancel yung application sabay lipat sa myDSL.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think you should pay ONLY at the business office of SMART or PLDT.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bogeyman, you should pay the installation and advance monthly fee at the business center, not to the installers. yung equipment ng smart wifi ko was shipped to me a few days after paying the installation fee, then after 2 days tsaka dumating yung magkakabit.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Actually, nagtaka din ako. Yun daw kasi yung sabi ng customer service rep, iwan daw yung payment for the crew to pick up, then they'll leave the equipment at the house. Then they'll come back another time to do the set-up. I remember thinking, 'hindi ba dapat installation muna before payment?'

Mukha ngang idadaan ko na lang yung P1988 sa payment center.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Actually, nagtaka din ako. Yun daw kasi yung sabi ng customer service rep, iwan daw yung payment for the crew to pick up, then they'll leave the equipment at the house. Then they'll come back another time to do the set-up. I remember thinking, 'hindi ba dapat installation muna before payment?'

Mukha ngang idadaan ko na lang yung P1988 sa payment center.
    forgot to mention in my previous post. after submitting my application form to smart wireless center, i was told that i will receive a text from them with a referrence number. after receiving the text tsaka lang magbabayad. they will need the referrence number to process your payment.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks like sumthing's fishy here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Getting DSL for home in Las Pinas: PLDT myDSL or Globelines DSL?