New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maop99 View Post
    Horsepower, sabi mo used, why wala na sa iyo yung unit? What happened?

Looks like you are using or used both the N95 and the E90, what can you say? what is better? E90 or N95? overall lang, if you can choose just one, which one will you choose?

Thanks!
    I just borrowed the E90 to see if I need it. Returned it after a week. Realized, it can't do what i want but it's good for mobile documents, mobile surfing etc.

there are three N95s at home. It's fine, fancy because it's really light despite its size and form. I just want the GPS thing in it instead of bringing another device like Garmin whenever we go roadtripping. but no success at the moment with the GPS. I've been using the N-series ever since the N70 and i really haven't used much of the features. hehe
    Last edited by Horsepower; August 29th, 2007 at 03:18 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Thanks HP...I'm still undecided, seems that both are very good phones and each one has its good and bad points....ooh this is a hard decision....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    why not n73?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    why not n73?
    My wife has N73, parang its too simple for me....and sayang naman yung retention package if I just take the N73....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    N95, is good but i can't seem to make the freakin GPS work. It can detect usually six satellites at a time but i don't understand why it wont give me the position data, speed etc. im not sure if i missed to set something. Can anyone help me?
    When you view the satellite info, do you see white bars beside the satellite #'s? The bars indicate the relative signal strength, but GPS receivers need to lock on these signals first. This delay is called Time-To-Fix (TTF). When your N95 gets to lock on the signal, the bars should turn black.

The voice-guided navi feature is an additional service - you pay extra. Without it, you can still use the GPS for positioning/searching on the supplied map, and even the route planner (directions in text form). There's no speed indicator, though.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    So the speed in the position tab won't work?

I see so i have to wait for the bars to turn black.

Thanks a lot Straightsix, will try it again.

BTW, Is it normal that i can't detect satellite signal inside a relatively small building (about 6 floors)?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Magkaiba yata software natin, hehe. The only options on my phone's position tab are Send Location, Save Location and Search Nearby. Or maybe I just missed it.

The N95's receiver is one of the things I don't like with its GPS feature. The TTF and sensitivity aren't good. TTF is comparable to the (standalone) Navman I bought more than 3 years ago. It loses the satfix even when I'm only besides the window inside the house ... sometimes even when it's placed in the middle of the car's cabin (on the console by the handbrake). So yes, your problem is normal. The TTF from a cold start is so long, it averages more than 2 minutes on my N95 out in the open.

BTW, how's the Manila map? Does it still include only the major roads?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    tsupermario....nagulohan nga ako!! ayayay!! hahaha!!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try checking out the Nokia 6110 Navigator. It also sports a GPS navigation system (better than the one found in the N95). It's also cheaper than the N95.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Get N95 now or wait 4months for E90