New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am building a duplex bachelor's pad and the set-up is from the flooring up to the base of the windows would be hollow blocks and after that I am using hardiflex (cement board) including the ceiling. I am now about in install the roof and my question is should it be necessary to install an insulation foam as protection from the heat of the sun? would the thinnest 5mm one-sided foam be enough?

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I am building a duplex bachelor's pad and the set-up is from the flooring up to the base of the windows would be hollow blocks and after that I am using hardiflex (cement board) including the ceiling. I am now about in install the roof and my question is should it be necessary to install an insulation foam as protection from the heat of the sun? would the thinnest 5mm one-sided foam be enough?
    afaik between the roof (gi) and railing. yan nakikita ko sa construction. hth

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Polystyrene foam is a good heat insulation but not so good sound insulation. You should try Owens Corning noise batt. R-value is high and so is the noise reduction

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph