New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Got this news from CNN. Ano masasabi nyo?

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/b....ap/index.html

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencoil View Post
    Got this news from CNN. Ano masasabi nyo?

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/b....ap/index.html
    I'm no businessman. But, I like it.

The problem is I like internet on long overseas flights. If all that's offered is WiFi access, then the seat will need a power port to hook up to so my lappie's always juiced up. I've already seen this on the First/Business Class of some Northwest Airline aircraft.

If it does happen, I might go ahead and buy an ASUS Eee PC. The food tray on coach is barely enough for my 15.4" WS Toshiba lappie. This summer/autumn, it'll come in useful as I visit relatives in Japan and Germany once more.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    a nice way to kill the boredom in flight. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Many overseas flights aren't so boring anymore. Many trans-Altantic and cross-Pacific flights now have media servers on board (those I've flown with recently: KLM, JAL and US carriers Northwest Air, Delta, Continental) which means you have a choice of movies/shows, music, telephone, and even games. The seat remote doubles as a general remote, game controller, and telephone.

It's much more satisfying now to fly abroad. Once internet is added, it's going to be awesome.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 6th, 2008 at 03:11 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Coolies

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    I flew from Manila to Amsterdam and back via KLM 2 years ago and true enough its not boring anymore if you are in business class. Meron games, choices of movies plus, you can even send text messages and e-mail na to your friends/relatives via their provider! (kaya lang mahal)

Nung malapit na kami bumama ng eroplano, parang ayaw ko na patayin yung monitor kase busy pa ako naglalaro ng mga games! (hehehehe)

What more ngayon kaya sa Airbus A380! Siguradong mas high-tech pa!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    I flew from Manila to Amsterdam and back via KLM 2 years ago and true enough its not boring anymore if you are in business class. Meron games, choices of movies plus, you can even send text messages and e-mail na to your friends/relatives via their provider! (kaya lang mahal)
    I flew economy/coach in KLM and all those other airlines I mentioned earlier. They now have multi-choices for movies, music, and games as well.

What sets KLM apart is their movies are "on demand". You can restart the movie over and over. In the other airlines, you catch the movie at whatever point the movie is playing.

KLM also has electrical outlets for laptops/gadgets in their business class.

KLM also has several genres of movies to pick from and each genre is several pages long which is a couple of cuts above the other airlines.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 6th, 2008 at 12:21 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Movies on demand is what I like the best when traveling. I first encountered this service some years ago on JAL when we failed to get a firm booking from NW going back to Manila.

NorthWest/United Airlines followed suit later....

Internet access should be a most-welcomed option....

5000:boom:
    Last edited by CVT; January 6th, 2008 at 01:34 PM.

In-flight INTERNET - What's your opinion