New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I know that "google" is an option to search such kind of question. But I want to know the answer from the point of view of owners of both kinds of 55" 4K TVs. Meaning, actual experiences of persons using them rather than just some technical distinctions between the two by some tech guys in the net...

I am scouting for 55" 4K TVs and I have come across the curved Samsung 55KU6300 which is priced at 44,995.00. while the flat Samsung 55KU6000 is pegged at 50,995.00. Thus, while usually, curved TVs are priced higher that the flat ones, this is the exception....

Hope to hear from anyone here soon....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't have a curve tv but.....before we bought our last tv we (me, wife, 3 daughters and son) sat in front of a curve 55 and a flat 55 for almost 15 minutes each. NAHILO KAMI SA CURVE. so we bought a flat smart 55" LG. 65" sana ang plan but we tried that also sitting in front at 4.5 meters distance which is the width of our family room. masyado malaki we were having a hard time focusing, parang nanuod ka ng movie tapos dun ka sa front seat sa theater nakaupo. sakto lang sa amin yung 55.

so try mo na lang pareho like what we did. libre naman manuod sa show room ng appliance stores.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I know that "google" is an option to search such kind of question. But I want to know the answer from the point of view of owners of both kinds of 55" 4K TVs. Meaning, actual experiences of persons using them rather than just some technical distinctions between the two by some tech guys in the net...

I am scouting for 55" 4K TVs and I have come across the curved Samsung 55KU6300 which is priced at 44,995.00. while the flat Samsung 55KU6000 is pegged at 50,995.00. Thus, while usually, curved TVs are priced higher that the flat ones, this is the exception....

Hope to hear from anyone here soon....
    We recently got one for my dad. The same Samsung unit as you said. We got the curved kasi gusto ng dad Ko. It all came down to if nahihilo ka or not coz I've heard of people nahihilo sa curved like some of my friends. But the curved tv makes it look bigger than it is

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Flat TV for me.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    LG. 65" sana ang plan but we tried that also sitting in front at 4.5 meters distance which is the width of our family room. masyado malaki we were having a hard time focusing, parang nanuod ka ng movie tapos dun ka sa front seat sa theater nakaupo. sakto lang sa amin yung 55.
    Sa Somerset Alabang, ang TV nila sa sala ay LG na 60", probably 3 mts away from the sofa, ang sarap panooran. Btw, ang mga bagong tv ba ngayon can play HEVC files na? Tapos, naalala ko nga pala, yung Toshiba namin, minsan, nag flicker paulit ulit ang subtitles, ang nakita ko sa net ay ganito daw pag mabagal ang cpu. So I told myself that if I buy a new tv later, I should bring a 1TB ext HD with an HEVC movie and a movie with subtitles flickering on my current tv.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Flat screen.

Curved displays may be great if the audience (you, family, etc.) are grouped together tightly within the sweet spot (the size and distance of which may vary depending on screen size and the degree of the display's curve). Viewing outside of the sweet spot and the picture tends to become out of proportion and weird, and gets worse the farther you go.

If it's going to be a home theatre application with only a couple or so viewers sitting on a fixed spot (sweet spot), a curved displays may appeal to you. But if the TV is going to be for general purpose use and installed in the living room or other living areas where the viewers tends to be scattered about (ie. one sitting at the far end of the couch, another is at the dining table, kitchen, etc.), a flat display will be a better choice.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i spent some time infront of such curved screen, in the showroom.
    and i still don't understand why i would want one. why, stray off to one side, and the images get more difficult to appreciate.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Flat screen.

Curved displays may be great if the audience (you, family, etc.) are grouped together tightly within the sweet spot (the size and distance of which may vary depending on screen size and the degree of the display's curve). Viewing outside of the sweet spot and the picture tends to become out of proportion and weird, and gets worse the farther you go.

If it's going to be a home theatre application with only a couple or so viewers sitting on a fixed spot (sweet spot), a curved displays may appeal to you. But if the TV is going to be for general purpose use and installed in the living room or other living areas where the viewers tends to be scattered about (ie. one sitting at the far end of the couch, another is at the dining table, kitchen, etc.), a flat display will be a better choice.
    exactly bossing! parang pang 2 tao lang na magkayakap ang curve tv. pag nasa gilid ka na ng screen parang warped na yung image kaya pinipilit ng mata mo na mag adjust para maging normal yung prino-process ng brain mo. at yun ang nakakahilo.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    You would need a really big curved TV in order to increase the sweet spot area. A 55" curved TV won't cut it. Pang solo viewing lang.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Tama sir! Flat vs Curve 55" 4K TVs, which to buy? we got a curved kasi pang room lng ng parents Ko and dalawa Lang naman sila

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk