New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been playing Facebook games for a while now and I've noticed na bumabagal yung browsers ko, both Firefox and IE, especially if sabay sabay kong silang nilalaro (Mafia Wars, Farmville, Restaurant City, Poker). May lag when I switch tabs or browser windows. May lag din kahit sa pagscroll sa page.

What should I do para bumilis browsers ko? Should I add more memory? Umaabot na kasi minsan ng more than 90% ang CPU usage ng Firefox.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is possible the flash games is using up memory and not releasing it after you have closed the flash-apps. More memory might help in delaying the effect but not cure the cause.

Cure? Restart Windows OS. Also update your browser and associated plug-ins.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala bang software para marelease sa memory yung flash without restarting windows?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Wala bang software para marelease sa memory yung flash without restarting windows?
    well, you can shut down the browser(s) but no guarantee the memory will be released. That was one issue with an older version of Firefox, it will use memory and not release it making the system use more and more memory. Periodic restarting the browser helped but not totally addressed the problem.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm doing that already - closing the browsers. But after less than 5min, bagal na naman.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    While playing the games, run Task Manager and select the Processes tab. Click on the "CPU" column header twice (or until the processes are arranged highest to lowest based on CPU utilization) and it will show you which process is taking up a lot of CPU resources.

You can do the same with the "Memory" column header to see which ones are eating up the most memory.

The slowdown could also be network-related. For instance, having 2 or more harvesters on a large piece of land in a Farm Town game would result in the necessity of the flash engine to update everyone first (all harvesters and including the farm owner) before you see the results on-screen. This is to prevent duplicate "harvests" and similar actions. So if a player/harvester has a slow connection, everybody else has to wait for his/her action to reflect the change before the others are allowed their turn.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Daming utilities na ganyan, bro.

RAM Booster, RAM Medic are just two of them.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try ko nga mga yan. Thanks woohoo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    only one solution, bawasan ang pagka addict sa facebook games...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    might be a good idea to up your ram to 4gb.

Flash games slowing down my browsers?