The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    which is the best firewall?

Firewall Challenge

ang galing talaga ng firewall ko he he he top siya sa score

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ngek, bakit ang baba ng score ng ESET?!?! Ito pa naman ang kaunaunahang security system na binili ko. Wala palang kwenta?

Ok pala ang Comodo, yan ang gamit ko naman sa laptop ko.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Wala yun Comodo v3.025.378 sa listahan

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    And all the while I thought that my precious Kaspersky was like the great wall of china

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How do they compare to the hardware firewall of say, a router?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks will try this one. hope it consumes little resources. norton and zonealarm is heavy and becomes unstable when I run it 24/7.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I disliked Symantec's products until this year when I installed Symantec Client Security 3.1.6 which is distanced from it's more common Norton siblings. The last vulnerabilities were with version 3.1.4 almost 2 years ago. I have a license for free home use from work. So, I can't complain.

The last time I used Comodo was years ago. There wasn't an uninstall option which was a bummer for me. I haven't kept track of it since. But, I'll give it a second go for the other computers at home.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Ngek, bakit ang baba ng score ng ESET?!?! Ito pa naman ang kaunaunahang security system na binili ko. Wala palang kwenta?

Ok pala ang Comodo, yan ang gamit ko naman sa laptop ko.
    talagang ok ang comodo yan ang gamit ko di umu-ubra ang mga virus kasi bago sila mag auto install sa system ay detect agad siya ng comodo block mo lang siya walang ng laban daig pa ang mga paid version

Comodo Personal Firewall [SIZE="1"]Free[/SIZE]

ok din ang Online Armor Personal Firewall [SIZE="1"]Free Version[/SIZE] na firewall

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    after few hours of testing comodo ver.3, here is my LONG review:

I installed it with defense plus, right after the install and restart. I immediately check how would it react to my startup application accessing the net. specificaly my Bandwidth monitor. my previous firewalls will imediately ask me If I will allow bandwidth monitor to access the net. which my answer should be no. since it does not need to access it, but I was surprised, it allowed connection by default. and so is my ********.

so ayon, my pc sent data of my pirated software. I changed it to custom policy mode, so that solves the problem, a little late though...

then, I notice 10 secs delay on the firewall informing me of internet access from another PC. my bro was able to open google 10 secs before a dialog appears to me if I allow connection to his computer.

but that was not my main problem, I notice every 15 mins, my movie skip frames and also has the sound. specialy when comodo dialog pops up. my mouse skips on me.

I gave it a benefit of doubt, I un-installed and install again, but this time, no defense plus but with leak protection only, no safe surf . same problem. the third time, I re-install without leak protection, with safe surf. same problem.

then I disabled logging and it solved the problem but, I'm removing it. despite the fact that I can put it to custom policy mode now. so I can monitor every application or system that tries to access the net. the damage has been done. PLUS, the safe surf can only be un-installed seperately, so is the other ask toolbar. and can be only accessed in your control panel, the uninstall cannot be found it the start menu. basic users could be tricked, and even after the SafeSurf uninstall and restart, cssurf.exe, is still left in the program files. so I'm very pissed!

not much worry on outsider hacking in, but I worry of my softwares secretly accesing the net for license verification.

I used to use old sygate but it does not support ICS so I will try that Online Armor Personal Firewall free. if it still fails on me, I'm back to same old firewall plus free. only 5mb.
    Last edited by rion; June 6th, 2008 at 03:46 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    after few hours of testing comodo ver.3, here is my LONG review:

I installed it with defense plus, right after the install and restart. I immediately check how would it react to my startup application accessing the net. specificaly my Bandwidth monitor. my previous firewalls will imediately ask me If I will allow bandwidth monitor to access the net. which my answer should be no. since it does not need to access it, but I was surprised, it allowed connection by default. and so is my ********.

so ayon, my pc sent data of my pirated software. I changed it to custom policy mode, so that solves the problem, a little late though...

then, I notice 10 secs delay on the firewall informing me of internet access from another PC. my bro was able to open google 10 secs before a dialog appears to me if I allow connection to his computer.

but that was not my main problem, I notice every 15 mins, my movie skip frames and also has the sound. specialy when comodo dialog pops up. my mouse skips on me.

I gave it a benefit of doubt, I un-installed and install again, but this time, no defense plus but with leak protection only, no safe surf . same problem. the third time, I re-install without leak protection, with safe surf. same problem.

then I disabled logging and it solved the problem but, I'm removing it. despite the fact that I can put it to custom policy mode now. so I can monitor every application or system that tries to access the net. the damage has been done. so I'm pissed!

not much worry on outsider hacking in, but I worry of my softwares secretly accesing the net for license verification.

I used to use old sygate but it does not support ICS so I will try that Online Armor Personal Firewall free. if it still fails on me, I'm back to same old firewall plus free. only 5mb.
    Feel free to share your opinions about Comodo Firewall here

Firewall Challenge