New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Are you satisfied with your windows firewall and microsoft security essentials or do you install a third party software applications for your firewall and anti-virus protection.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    comodo does the job for me and I run peerblock alongside it.

for my fedora systems, it's a different case :P
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mag COMODO nalang kayo best free internet security sa ngayun.

Eto bago version ng COMODO.

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to announce that COMODO Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall 7.0.313494.4115 is released.

We are working over update official site with this new release announcement. This will be done in a few days. We are happy to supply forum users this release earlier.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support during the BETA testing! Thanks to your feedback and the excellent work of our teams worldwide, we have addressed 300+ bugs and many improvements over the last CIS 6.3 release. You can see a selected set of these in release notes section below.

What's new in 7.0.313494.4115?

New

Viruscope

Viruscope monitors the activities of processes running on your computer and alerts you if they attempt to take suspicious actions. Apart from forming yet another layer of malware detection and prevention, the sub-system represents a valuable addition to the core process-monitoring functionality of the Behavior Blocker by introducing the ability to reverse potentially undesirable actions of software without necessarily blocking the software entirely. This provides more granular control over otherwise legitimate software which requires certain actions to be taken in order to run correctly. Viruscope works using a constantly expanded list of activity ‘recognizers’, which allow the software to detect, block and undo many potentially unwanted actions.

Website Filtering

The new website filtering section gives CIS users a powerful and easy way to allow or block access to specific websites. Website access rules can be created for particular users of your computer, which makes this feature very useful for both home and work environments. For example, parents can block juvenile users from visiting inappropriate websites while companies can prevent employees from visiting leisure sites during working hours. You also have the option to create a log event whenever a user tries to visit a website which is in conflict with a rule. CIS ships with several preset lists (or ‘categories’) of URLs which can be added to rules that you create - including the 'Malicious sites category', the 'Comodo Safe category', the 'Comodo Phishing category' and the 'Comodo Malware category'.

UI Update

The CIS user interface features several design and UX enhancements which allow you to accomplish tasks faster while keeping you better informed than ever before. New themes include the bold new ‘Metro’ theme.
    Process Activity Dialog is added.
    Added 'Please call a live expert' balloon message in main GUI when running into 'At Risk' status.
    Virtual Kiosk is renamed to Virtual Desktop

Protected Data Folder
    New data security feature which makes important files completely invisible to programs running in the sandbox. Files placed inside a ‘Protected Data Folder’ cannot be read, accessed or modified by any sandboxed application.

Improved

~700% Faster Sandbox.
    All CIS Advanced Settings components are now accessible via CisTray menu.
    Windows in 'grid view': Improved file search operation and added 'search completed' notification; added 'Jump to Folder' option; columns now retain their widths as last changed by the user.
    AV Scan results and Rating scan results windows can be viewed in full screen mode.
    CIS UI tooltips now correspond to Windows style.

Fixed
    More than 300 bugs are fixed

Bug Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD's in the Bug Reports section of the forum. The required format is given here:
    Login

Download Location
    Comodo Internet Security
    Size: 220M ( 230486360 )
    MD5: fe2a570f3fa28a1bc1fc90888056e370
    SHA1: c9257128eb7d239a736970f41bf79d3d300ebc26

Comodo Antivirus
    MD5: 7beb87204cd820ee3120d81cba5a0798
    SHA1: 46f9a4132fcc55b6fa5c528dab5232a5ae9b26cc

Comodo Firewall
    MD5: bab7ddeda6cf0985ac018de0df506b91
    SHA1: 8452a2cd3e01a143f6de278be7770364ee0372e7

Products tested against the suite with 110 tests

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    MS Security Essenstials, Comodo Free, DNS Crypt.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    ano kayang firewall ng tsikot napapasok ng bot di man lang ma trace o kaya kahit warning man lang

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    baka naman he works for NSA
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont.
    sa office, we use barracuda FW.
    sa bahay, I use PFSense.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    pfSense for FW, ad blocker and AV at the network layer.

Windows Firewall + Defender (AV) on all Windows 8/8.1 clients and Windows Firewall + MSE on Windows 7 clients.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Norton or Trend Micro Internet Security. I don't find AV useful nowadays. Pwera nalang if you have Internet cafe business then you should have atleast one copy.

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Are you satisfied with your windows firewall and microsoft security essentials or do you install a third party software applications for your firewall and anti-virus protection.
    Generally my computers run AVG (free version). So far I am pretty satisfied with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast