New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My company is presently developing a mobile web app (for any handset/PDA that can access the Internet via supported browsers) that will enable users to do the following functions from one single portal (meaning you don’t have to go to all the different websites to get the pertinent info (IM messages, email, broadcasts, feeds, etc.); these all come to your portal or home page; saving you both time and applicable data connection charges) -

- IM with GTalk and Yahoo Messenger simultaneously
    - send/receive email messages from your various email addresses
    - follow Twitter broadcasts

I would appreciate it if we can get feedback re the above features being desirable or needed and/or what other features potential users who like to have.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Desirable pero at the rate of smart na P10/30mins of browsing...baka no need.

Pero for globe naman na mahal...there is definitely a need.

The bottom line is HOW MUCH DO YOU TARGET TO SELL THAT APP?

If you sell it cheap you get a lot of clients (including students)... pero not all students needs quick access to their emails. And not all bizmen would really want YM all the time either.

Anyway that is just my opinion....I mean kung mura lang yan I am sure a lot would be interested.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hi wildthing,

The app/service will be free. We intend to monetize via other means once we hit critical mass.

Actually, the intended market is both local and international and access can be via Internet or cellular packet (3G/HSDPA/EDGE/GPRS). Among the app's features is it enables the users to keep in touch with friends and family around the world either via IM/email or other messaging media.

It is not just about cost, too. It is also about convenience and having information on demand. For instance, to access your web-based email you will need to go through several keystrokes, which is not necessarily convenient on a mobile device. With the app, you bring up your homepage, you will see immediately whether you have any new messages or not. Then you simply click on the IM/email account of interest to see them.

And it is more than just IM/email. There are a lot of other applications. For instance say you want to check on a flight's status. Most of the flight alerts services often send to email addys only (CX actually sends to mobile phones as well). The app can actually pull just the header from your mailbox and provide the alert on your phone/handset.

You can also follow Tsikot's shoutbox without having to go to the Tsikot forum. In fact, we have demo'd this a few months back.

The app itself is open-ended. Meaning companies/organizations or even barkadas can eventually make their own service and use it freely. And what is convenient about it is that you don't even have to download anything. As long as you can browse the Internet on your phone/handset/device on a HTML browser, you should be able to use it.

Thanks for the feedback. BTW, you might be interested in becoming an alpha tester. Just PM me.
    Last edited by architect; October 28th, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Maganda rin if may Attach File feature if you want to compose a message.
    Another feature is, yung parang Skype... So that we can call computers anywhere basta 3G enabled yung phone.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hi drey,

The email feature will eventually support attached files.

Skype or other VoIP programs are readily available as separate apps, hence there may be no need to add such feature. However, if we get enough feedback desiring a completely integrated package we will definitely consider that.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Wow! Great... I hope maraming feedbacks rin nito... Whehehe...
    iam3739.com

Feedback Requested