New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by judoman View Post
    i used both u******* and *******. observations ko lang e mas marami memory kinukuha yung ******* compared sa u*******. yung newer version naman ng u******* may prob sa tracker kaya kahit upload ka ng ilang weeks yung ratio mo ganun parin. 1.16 version ata yung maganda basta hindi yung latest pag dating sa u*******.
    :offtopic: *judoman, i think it's u******* 1.6.1
    You can download all versions of u******* here: http://www.**************/download_u*******/2253/

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If you are running a Linux distribution you might want to try Transmission, the new lightweight bittorent client for Linux. I am using SmartBro and Mandriva 2008.1 "Spring" Linux.

Transmission is very simple. Kahit not forwarded yung port (locked by SmartBro and nothing you can do about it) I have successfully downloaded a 750MB movie overnight the very first time I used it. No errors. All at default settings which were few anyway and despite the slow download rate of SmartBro as compared to a DSL line.

I suggest you try a few of these bittorent clients to find one with the best probability for a successful download. I did and discovered Transmission is best for my setup.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i've already downloaded transmission a couple of weeks ago. nakakalimutan ko lang gamitin para ma-compare sa *******.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *leinahtan
    thanks sa pag-correct. mahina ang memory. =)
    yup.. yan po yung version na gamit ko.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    u******* and ********.
    Thanks pare! Ok naman pala ******* but my problem now is HD space!
    I'm gonna get another HD soon though!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    If you are running a Linux distribution you might want to try Transmission, the new lightweight bittorent client for Linux. I am using SmartBro and Mandriva 2008.1 "Spring" Linux.

Transmission is very simple. Kahit not forwarded yung port (locked by SmartBro and nothing you can do about it) I have successfully downloaded a 750MB movie overnight the very first time I used it. No errors. All at default settings which were few anyway and despite the slow download rate of SmartBro as compared to a DSL line.

I suggest you try a few of these bittorent clients to find one with the best probability for a successful download. I did and discovered Transmission is best for my setup.
    Ok yan ah! Is it available for Windows? Sometimes kse mabagal yung download ko sa *******. I'll also try ********, like ghosthunter recommends.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Thanks pare! Ok naman pala ******* but my problem now is HD space!
    I'm gonna get another HD soon though!
    I bought a 250gig HDD just to hold all my downloads.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Walang version yung transmission sa Windows. Linux at Mac OS lang siya pwede sa ngayon. Maganda yan kung merong pang makapag-compare ng bilis sa ibang bittorent clients. Before transmission, I never had made a completed file donwload with *******, Bittorent (Official client), K*******, and bittornado. Talagang mabagal (sa system ko) ang mga ito: naglalaro lang yung download speed betweed 1kBps and 2kBps, on the same source, same file. One time sa official Bittorent client, I started a ******* download at 8PM and it was finished at 1PM the following day. Meron pang errors rendering the file useless. Again, this could also be user-error on my part.

Subukan mo lahat, heheh. As you know, there are quite a bit of variables that affect ******* speed. As for me, transmission is good enough. Meron ulit akong na download na bagong movie, overnight lang.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ******* not ok with Windows Vista my Wifi USB keeps on turning off

******* highly recommended on Macs however

i'll use u******* na lang sa vista

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i just finished testing Transmission for Mac. i must say im not satisfied with it after having used ******* for a long time.

kulang ng advanced management for the ******* entries. sample: there are no ranking/priority for seeding and downloading; you can only pause and unpause the entry. wala din force tracker update for each *******. kulang din ng estimated time to download.

i think i'll stick with the heavier ******* for the meantime until Transmission gets more mature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12