New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    So, apart from the money they steal from corruption, it seems politicians do have another source of income, since they always seem to be full of s_

Feces contains gold worth millions—study

Feces contains gold worth millions—study
    Agence France-Presse 7:09 AM | Tuesday, March 24th, 2015

WASHINGTON, United States – Human feces contains gold and other precious metals that could be worth hundreds of millions of dollars, experts say.

Now the trick is how to retrieve them — a potential windfall that could also help save the planet.

“The gold we found was at the level of a minimal mineral deposit,” said Kathleen Smith, of the US Geological Survey, after her team discovered metals such as platinum, silver and gold in treated waste.

$13M worth

A recent study by another group of experts in the field found that waste from one million Americans could contain as much as $13 million worth of metals.

Finding a way to extract the metals could help the environment by cutting down on the need for mining and reducing unwanted release of metals into the environment.

“If you can get rid of some of the nuisance metals that currently limit how much of these biosolids we can use on fields and forests, and at the same time recover valuable metals and other elements, that’s a win-win,” said Smith.

“There are metals everywhere — in your hair care products, detergents, even nanoparticles that are put in socks to prevent bad odors.”

What’s in it?

More than seven million tons of biosolids come out of US wastewater facilities each year: about half is used as fertilizer on fields and in forests and the other half is incinerated or sent to landfills.

Smith and her team are on a mission to find out exactly what is in our waste.

“We have a two-pronged approach,” said Smith. “In one part of the study, we are looking at removing some regulated metals from the biosolids that limit their use for land application.

“In the other part of the project, we’re interested in collecting valuable metals that could be sold, including some of the more technologically important metals, such as vanadium and copper that are in cell phones, computers and alloys.”

The findings were presented at the 249th National Meeting & Exposition of the American Chemical Society (ACS), the world’s largest scientific society, taking place in Denver through Thursday.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    So what do we do know? Abang abang tayo sa CR ng SM with buckets? :D

i don't see how poop can have significant traces of gold though. i do know that some beauty products, drinks, etc do have gold in them, but i doubt if everyone could afford to consume it with such frequency or quantity.

btw...who the f_ eats gold? Gold teeth i can understand, even an Arab sheik's solid gold toilet bowl serves a purpose. The literal consumption of gold doesn't make sense to me, it's just pure decadence.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So what do we do know? Abang abang tayo sa CR ng SM with buckets? :D

i don't see how poop can have significant traces of gold though. i do know that some beauty products, drinks, etc do have gold in them, but i doubt if everyone could afford to consume it with such frequency or quantity.

btw...who the f_ eats gold? Gold teeth i can understand, even an Arab sheik's solid gold toilet bowl serves a purpose. The literal consumption of gold doesn't make sense to me, it's just pure decadence. and it's not like we can just plant more gold trees which bear golden apples, or raise more geese that lay golden eggs. Once that gold goes down to the sewers, chances are it will stay there. Just shamefully wasteful.
    Last edited by badkuk; March 24th, 2015 at 09:02 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iipunin ko na simula mamaya..... hehehehe...... however, the storage would be a problem...... hahahahahaha!
    sino kaya magtatayo ng negosyo neto for extraction.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

iipunin ko na simula mamaya..... hehehehe...... however, the storage would be a problem...... hahahahahaha!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

Sugod kay Malabanan!!! :hysterical:

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.0K:poop:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pure BS study. may kumita na naman sa research grant. and that's the only money that will ever come out of it.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    ^ at least yan pwede preserved sa ice