New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    How did you sort the channels of your LCD tv? I just got mine and after rechanneling it, all the channels got mixed. I called the technician in Sights and Sounds and he told me that I have to do it one by one and in a descending order. The bad news is it has 100 channels and it's a pain in butt to browse them one by one and put them in their proper places. Also, if you put a lower number first, like 55 before 60, everything below 55 that you've previously placed in their proper place will move. Just imagine doing it from 100 all the way down.

Am I missing something here or is there a proper and faster way to do this? Right now I am just looking at the channel list since I didn't wanna do that sorting thing. My unit is Samsung series 5 by the way.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala bang Auto Program mga Samsung TVs?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

What does the manual say? (It looks like the guys at Sights and Sounds knew this issue, that's why they're asking you to do it in descending order.... ) I'm pretty certain you'll find a way through it.... Just keep on banging at it.

Anyway, you've got a real bargain there, bro....

Oooppss,- I can ask our engineers who bought the same model how they did it.....

7101:hooray:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm sure there's an auto-programming in it somewhere (all TVs have that, even ancient ones).

Read the manual. For some reason, I love readings manuals. lol.

>

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    There is an auto program but what it does it only rechannels the tv since they said that it doesn't recognize the cable tv channels and it doesn't have channels yet so I have to do that. The issue is after that rechanneling/auto program, it scrambles the channels, which in turn I have to tediously and painfully do it manually. I read the manual and it says the same thing. I just couldn't imagine spending the whole day doing that and there is no way I am going to do that.hehe Good thing there is a channel list where I could easily check where those channels went. When I was at Sights and Sounds yesterday, there was also a guy asking the same thing where his channels got mixed up after rechanneling and how he could put them in order that he got used to. Too bad the technician wasn't there at that time. I don't know what happened to him after.

*CVT: Could you please ask your engineers how they did it? If ever they did it. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganyan pala mga Samsung, parang sa JVC rin.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I guess so. I just hope someone who has Samsung lcd tv would post on how he did his. In case there's no solution for this, I could just memorize the new location of the channels.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bad news bro.,- the 2 of them did it one by one on their respective systems.... So, I guess you have to go through the same painful process....

I have the same experience with the external TV tuner, which I interfaced with a 22" LCD a couple of years ago. I was surprised that the channels were scrambled when I did an autoscan/channel. However, in that particular case, I had a menu to id what country I will be using the TV tuner. With this, I chose US and I got the channels right after the autosearch or scan of the cable channels.

My engineers who bought that P35K + P5K offer told me that they could not find a similar menu. So, I guess the TV was made for another country/region and so, you have to manually rearrange the channels....

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post

You're right, one of my managers shared the same experience with his JVC set.....

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bad news bro.,- the 2 of them did it one by one on their respective systems.... So, I guess you have to go through the same painful process....

I have the same experience with the external TV tuner, which I interfaced with a 22" LCD a couple of years ago. I was surprised that the channels were scrambled when I did an autoscan/channel. However, in that particular case, I had a menu to id what country I will be using the TV tuner. With this, I chose US and I got the channels right after the autosearch or scan of the cable channels.

My engineers who bought that P35K + P5K offer told me that they could not find a similar menu. So, I guess the TV was made for another country/region and so, you have to manually rearrange the channels....

Oh lordy, there is no way that I am going to do that. That is so laborious and grueling task. Good thing I still have a strong memory.hehe I'll just look at channel list and remember where did those channels get assigned. Thanks anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fastest way to sort channels in LCD tv?