New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ang ibig ko po sabihin sa post ko sa taas e kung bibili kayo ng external hdd case na separate, pwede kayo mamili ng klase ng hdd. Pero meron din po mga external hdd's na branded like WD Passport, Seagate freeagent, Bufallo at marami pang iba.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Ah ok. Thanks for the info. I'm sorry for my ignorance kasi i'm not familiar sa mga bago at malalaking external drives. I also don't know how much they cost.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    if you're looking for one, you might have a look at this site TipidPC or PCTipid but careful ka rin

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thanks Sherwin.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    welcome boss... always willing to help

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Most likely you already know this. But, it's still worth mentioning.

Most external hard drives are formatted for Windows and with FAT32. My suggestion is leave it as is not because it's readable in both Windows and Mac (plus Linux). But, dvd players with Divx/jpg support can read them too.

I sometimes take my WD My Book (500gb) external hard drive and plug it in to the dvd player's usb port. It reads all the media files including the non-compatible ones. It just takes forever to read since my dvd player has a usb1 port.

If you intend to use it strictly as a backup device, you can reformat using the NTFS file system. I have 2 other external hard drives so formatted and the Mac reads/writes to them fine. Actually, I take that back. It's still read only for NTFS without 3rd party utilities.

Stick to FAT32.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 21st, 2008 at 03:57 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Jun is right. Stick of FAT32. ;-)

there are 3rd party NTFS-writing enabler on OSX but it requires Linux programming knowledge.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Seagate freeagent and WD my book are not that expensive anymore, you can get a 500GB freeagent(usb connection only) for around 6K(bnew).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelskie View Post
    Seagate freeagent and WD my book are not that expensive anymore, you can get a 500GB freeagent(usb connection only) for around 6K(bnew).
    Yup.There's already terrabyte-sized external hard drives for sale.

I do prefer drives with multiple ports (USB2, Firewire with pass-through, eSATA) which cost a bit more.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i bought a 750 gig external hd USB to back up all my files...it cost me £60..mga P5k...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
external HDD via usb2.0, pwede ikabit sa PC and Imac?