New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a Samsung 2TB external HDD (with power source) connected to my Buffalo NAS. It always disconnects after some time when it is not being used. I think this is a power saving feature. But whenever I need to access it, I'll need to unplug then plug it. And each time I do this, my NAS also disconnects, so I'll do the same to the NAS.

Is there a way to reconnect to the external HDD without unplugging it?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm your external HDD is different from your NAS right?..connected to your NAS in what way?..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    via the USB port of the NAS.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ahh parang magiging part ng NAS yung external HDD mo....so shared din ba yung laman ng external HDD or ikaw lang may access?

ano pala purpose of connecting your external HDD via your NAS?..hindi ba pwede via your computer usb port?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shared din sya. Sa external HDD kasi naka store mga movies. Need ko sya nakakabit sa NAS para ma-access ng lahat ng rooms mga movies.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Btw, there were times na hindi sya nagdidisconnect. Like since yesterday afternoon until at this moment, I can still readily access the external HDD. Weird talaga.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Btw, there were times na hindi sya nagdidisconnect. Like since yesterday afternoon until at this moment, I can still readily access the external HDD. Weird talaga.
    Maybe because you were perodically accessing the drive, preventing it to go "power saving" mode.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka mainit lang parang router minsan pag 24hrs naka on nagloloko, disconnect magisa..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Maybe because you were perodically accessing the drive, preventing it to go "power saving" mode.
    Not likely as it was never accessed during the time I'm sleeping. There were times that it disconnects in just less than 1hr.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Baka mainit lang parang router minsan pag 24hrs naka on nagloloko, disconnect magisa..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Hindi siguro. Sometimes kasi less than 1hr lang, disconnect na sya.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does the USB port of the NAS provide enough power to properly run the drive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast