New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    I never thought of that one, ergonomics. Very good point, sir! I will definitely do this. Salamat.

Ongapala, merong Pentax. I visited dpreview in the past and will check it out again to review the Pentax and Olympus.

Isang advantage din kasi ng Canon and Nikon by being the most popular brands is that they're aggressively sold by online dealers dito sa atin. So prices are really competitive.

Thanks all!
    for ergonomics canon entry level dslrs lose to nikon's. somehow nikon's entry levels feel more robust and they have fatter handgrip as compared to canon.

in terms of ease of use, pareho lang sila. it all boils down to which system you are familiar with. i started with nikon, nung nakahawak ako ng canon hirap ako but when i went with canon hirap nako sa system ng nikon ngayon.

dont get caught in the megapixel race. first thing i look at is the iso performance.

choose among nikon or canon only, not because they have authorize sellers but because they have the most vast and the best lens lineup as compared to sony, pentax, olympus

any dslr model within the last 3 years are still ok.

dont choose a dslr just because it has hd recording or a flip screen. choose it because it has good iso performance, high fps and most of all because of the lens lineup. actually choose the lens first before you choose the body hehe

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Try a Lumix, point and shoot na malupet Napagkakamalang DSLR ang kumuha pag naupload sa PC

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gongrhey View Post
    With regards sa dalawang model, yung D3100 can record an HD video while yung 1100D wala at meron na rin daw guide yung D3100 kung papano madaling gamitin. I think you can't get wrong with these two brands.
    Yup, reading through dpreview (and other sites), attractive nga yung fullHD recording ng Nikon at Live View...

Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post

mag 550D ka nalang sir.

at dito ka bumili. cheaper than hidalgo.

http://dbgadgets.multiply.com/photos/album/75
    30K max budget kasi, sir. I'll check magkano 550D.

Actually, for P&S I've been ordering from Henry's noon pa (personal use)

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If I were you, since office property naman ito, buy only from Authorized resellers. Sayang din ang 3-yr warranty. It will cost a little bit more, a few thousands, but for peace of mind, it's worth it. Nakatulong ka pa sa local businesses and Govt since tax-paid ang mga ito.

dbgadgets sells these with 1yr service warranty (parts not included) which actually means, No warranty since he can't provide parts for it. Di ka naman makakabili ng parts nito e. If you're gonna buy at Hidalgo, there's Meyer and Henry's. Personally, I buy at Meyer. Ask Mang Ramon for CDSC (Nikon) and Canon Phils (canons) units. Mabait yun si mang ramon, pag good mood bigyan ka pa free filter. hehe

sa Memory card, buy those that are labelled Class 6 and above.

go here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp
    Yes, for office use so we will buy from an authorized dealer. Advantage naman ng Canon is that they have their own service center here in Davao City. Don't know about the other brands, papadala pa ata sa Cebu or Manila...

Thanks also for the Class 6 tip. Will research on that...

Quote Originally Posted by battaglin View Post
    *anonemus, look for jcssss *tipidpc.com, contact ng pipens for discounted pentax items.
    I also buy at tpc when I need good bargains for personal use. problem lang is some sellers can't give Official Receipt which we for purchases

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Get a Canon or Nikon, then know the systems of close friends kung ano mas maraming user, kung mas marami canon, canon bilhin mo para makahiram ka rin ng ibat ibang lente. Mahal din ang lente ha
    Kasi office use, I think 1 lens lang (yung kasama sa kit) ang gagamitin for a long time. Pero baka nga pwedeng humiram sa iba

Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    nilabas na ba yung 1100d? muntik na ko bumili 1000d last month eh, buti nasabihan ako ng barkada ko na lalabas na raw yung 1100d. hehehe.

alam ko hd na rin yung video ng 1100d.
    We need to buy in or before March kasi. Ito rin isang worry namin, baka April pa labas ng 1100D.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    You also might wanna try bridge cameras first. These are fully controllable P&S cams, often with superzoom. It usually has AV (Aperture priority), T (Shutter), Manual, Program etc. You'll be spending a lot of money on lenses with DSLRs just to achieve the zoom range of these. There are trade-offs, often IQ -but negligible esp if you're not a pro shooter.

Canon sx30is (24mm-840mm); Panasonic fz100 (25mm-600mm); and Nikon P500 (22.5mm-810mm) to name a few.

When you get to max out the capabilities, then it's time to get a DSLR.

Again, buy only from Authorized resellers and avail of the 3-yr warranty (canon has 3, i'm not so sure about Nikon, AFAIK only 2).
    Bridge camera? Ito ba yung prosumer din tawag? This is actually very interesting. Baka nga ito yung bagay sa intended use namin. Kasi naman sa office namin yung iba kong kasamahan kahit P&S eh di pa namamaximize...

Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    dont get caught in the megapixel race. first thing i look at is the iso performance.

any dslr model within the last 3 years are still ok.

dont choose a dslr just because it has hd recording or a flip screen. choose it because it has good iso performance, high fps and most of all because of the lens lineup. actually choose the lens first before you choose the body hehe
    Nah, megapixels isn't high on my list.

Iba na rin yung getting the latest gen lalo na if the price difference between the old and new gen isn't that big.

Yes, I agree if this was for personal purchase, I'd consider the lens lineup first before the body.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Try a Lumix, point and shoot na malupet Napagkakamalang DSLR ang kumuha pag naupload sa PC
    Noon pa ako saludo sa Lumix. This actually might be my next personal P&S.

*all-- really appreciate your thoughts, guys. Salamat!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Who will pay for them???

If it's the office then get the D7000... In my opinion it's the best entry level dSLR today.

I agree with the previous posters to get it from an authorized dealer so you can avail of the warranty.
    D7000 is an entry level DSLR???

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mas ok yung D5000
    hindi siya entry level kumbaga mid range model siya 30k lang sa net ka bumili. sa hidalgo mas mahal ata siya

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jces View Post
    mas ok yung D5000
    hindi siya entry level kumbaga mid range model siya 30k lang sa net ka bumili. sa hidalgo mas mahal ata siya
    Pang entry level lang talaga sir, and I think the 3-year warranty is worth it. Tutal office naman bibili

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    d7000 is an upper-entry level DSLR (currently 60-70K but will definitely settle around the 50K range). Midrange (north of 100-200K) are the DXXXs and the High end are the D3x (north of 300K).

It all boils down to talent though. There are shooters with super expensive cameras but can't take decent photos. Photos that would make you say "wow". So, whatever you have, maximize it. :-)

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *anonemus, yeah also known at prosumer. I've observed that it's being called Bridge as of late probably because it's the bridge between P&S and DSLR.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    kung sa office use siya (hindi siya yung tipong nasa press) why not buy a simple p&s camera? pero kung gusto mo talaga ng dslr, both nikon and canon is good dslrs. pero yung 1100d will come out pa in april....

disclaimer: i own a nikon d3100

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Entry-level dSLR: D3100 or 1100D?