• None

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    ha ha. THAT is creative.

Ok I know you were asking about the EC but since I've forgotten stuff about them already, here's for Easytrip:
    Minimum -- minimum what? balance? for autocharge, I think it autocharges when you go below 300. minimum top up (i think) is 500.
    Expiry -- for load/balance: from the "EB" babes, they say, 1 year. e.g. you top up 500 today, this will be valid up to a year. (But then, I doubt if your 500 wouldn't be used up within a year), membership: hmm... I think infinite. unit: depending on unit's life.

hth.
    What are the advantages of the EC-tag over the Easytrip? What are their difference? How much for the Easytrip?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    quick Qs:

where do you mount your transceivers? (specially those who are using more than one)

does your car tint seem to have any effect on your transceiver/s' efficiency? (if you have tint)

can the transceivers be painted without its efficiency being affected?

TIA

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use E-Pass for SLEX, which I pass through virtually every day of the week, and EC-Tag for NLEX, which I pass through occasionally. I load both manually -- the E-Pass through the vending machine, and the EC-Tag by top-ups at NLEX stations, since I don't pass there often anyhow. I initially considered the auto-top up for E-Pass, but I didn't want an extra charge on my card, and I didn't want to have to keep on reviewing my account to check for the accuracy in their charging.

As to the transponders, had a friend before who painted his transponder flat black. It was working well naman. Having V-Kool tints in the front windshield hampered the transponder's signal more than paint. Also, I don't think having both transponders side by side is a good idea. I remember once, at SLEX Nichols, when my E-Pass tag wasn't recognized at all. When the teller at the booth noticed the EC-tag, she then said that was the culprit. So as for not to happen again, when I go from SLEX to NLEX and vice-versa, I wrap the transponder not needed in the metallic wrapper that came part of the packaging.

I wish they'd update the terminals at SLEX, so that they don't just show how much you pay, rather they show how much is left as well.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by siacojin View Post
    What are the advantages of the EC-tag over the Easytrip? What are their difference? How much for the Easytrip?
    Differences:
    EC-Tag - used to have blue/yellow tags. with yellow here are your top-up options, tollgates or CSOs. with blue, yellow's plus bank OTC and auto charge via CC.
    Easytrip - nlex gas stations with Easytrip booths, bank OTC/ATM, auto charge via CC. additional info, they've got online account management. they claim that they would be operating in all 3 <name>Exes in the (near) future, thus ridding the consumer of the need to have x number of different transceivers for each <name>Ex. How much, check my previous post or visit their site at Easytrip.Ph.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    As to the transponders, had a friend before who painted his transponder flat black. It was working well naman.
    ok thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29
    Having V-Kool tints in the front windshield hampered the transponder's signal more than paint.
    Hmm... heard about this one too... tsk... is it for all the V-Kool tints or just the clear one?
    Also, I don't think having both transponders side by side is a good idea.
    Ok, will keep this in mind.
    I wish they'd update the terminals ...so that they don't just show how much you pay, rather they show how much is left as well.
    Hmm, that's an idea.
    [SIZE=1]Or better yet, update the transponders to something similar to those used in say, Singapore, where there's a display screen for your balance and what was charged to you. And use a sort of like a card (similar to SatTV cards) for account maintenance... but then this would be another story for another day. [/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...uh, sorry, got confused there, what do you do at these offices again? verify your trips? so are you saying they don't have online account management systems? TIA.
    They (NLEX and SLEX) can give me a print-out of my trips (listed on a day-to-day basis). Ang NLEX can print it out after every 5th ng month and SLEX is every 6th of the month.

So if I want my July trip summary, I just go to their office sa 5th and the 6th of August.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    They (NLEX and SLEX) can give me a print-out of my trips (listed on a day-to-day basis). Ang NLEX can print it out after every 5th ng month and SLEX is every 6th of the month.
    aah ok. so wala palang online pati ang E-Pass... hmm... medyo inconvenient kung kailangan mo magcheck ng usage summary.
    So, sa C5/Nichols exit po ang pag-aaplyan ng E-pass din? TIA.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    You could also apply for e-pass at the main office in Bicutan. The only thing I don't like about epass is that they don't automatically send the usage summary. I don't bother to check mine anymore. Hay.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aah ok. so wala palang online pati ang E-Pass... hmm... medyo inconvenient kung kailangan mo magcheck ng usage summary.
    So, sa C5/Nichols exit po ang pag-aaplyan ng E-pass din? TIA.
    well i applied at the C5 exit (done in less than 5 mins kasi I have everything with me and the form have been filled out properly na agad) ... and alam ko nichols exit pede rin.

as for the print-out, I use to call-up NLEX (they have a customer service number) and request them to email the summary. They did it (although minsan after a day or two or after following it up pa). Sa SLEX hindi ko pa sinubukan.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    TY po C_4_U and Wildthing.

Ano po requirements for E-Pass?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Which Electronic Toll Payment System are you using?