• EasyTrip

3 20.00%
  • None

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I wanted to go for the EC Tag but when i was finally ready, they said the Blue version wasn't available anymore and I'd be forced to apply for the Yellow instead. Which means the only place I could top up my "tag" would be in NLEX, compared to the Blue where you can pay OTC in banks.

So I opted for Easytrip, which btw was suggested by the guys at the MNTC Balintawak CSO. Now I don't have to worry about preparing my toll fees before each trip via the NLEX or bother my sleeping "co-pilot". And ofcourse, apart from the occassional inability of the gantry system to talk to my tag unit, I get through the gates faster. i.e. no more long queues.

Furthermore, talking with the EBs (Easytrip Babes - hehehe) they mentioned about plans for implementing the Easytrip for SLEx, and SCTEx in the near future. Well, I guess the only way to find out is through their official site.

Now... if only I could get my hands on SLEx EZ-Pass for the time-being while waiting for Easytrip...

[SIZE=1]PS: I wonder if painting the transceiver unit would affect its efficiency...[/SIZE]
    Last edited by B2Bomber; July 25th, 2008 at 03:19 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Since I'm not a regular user of the Expressways, I still use "E-Abot" system.

Seriously, though not a regular user, I'd like to get the EC. How much is the minimum? And, does it have expiry?

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3647[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Am using the Blue EC-Tag, haven't gotten around to auto charging it to my credit card though.

But the inconvenience to top it off is a a minor one: a trip to the bank (usually before it closes at around 6:30PM) every 2 weeks or so to deposit 1,000 pesos to my account.

How does they EasyTrip work? Read briefly that you have to pay a monthly rental fee? Is that right?

bigbigcar.com Comparison: Hyunda Veracruz versus Mazda CX9

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am from the South and I use the SLEX occasionally. In this regard, I am using E-Pass....

6505:Bath:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Oopppssss,- double post na naman.... Walang e-pass equivalent sa Coastal Road,- kaya doon na lang ako pumipila sa exact toll fee/ no change. I also use this occasionally....

Last edited by CVT; July 28th, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have both EC-Tag for NLEX and E-Pass SLEX. Whenever I pass the long queue sa toll exits (lalo na sa palabas ng manila via C-5) napapa ngiti na lang ako.

For both, I registered them to auto-debit sa isa kong credit card na mababa lang ang credit limit...ginawa kong "dedicated" credit card yun para sa dalawang "electronic passes".

I just pay-up my bill when the credit card company bills me (very convenient). Then I verify and reimburse my trips every month (I stop by the NLEX office in Bocaue exit or San Fernando office) after the 5th of the month and sa C-5 or Nicols' exit office naman after the 6th of the month.

Detailed ang prints nila and I just re-check with my daily log sa activity report ko... pati tuloy sa pag-gawa ng ER (expense report) ko ay madali na rin - no more missing or lost receipts.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Am using the Blue EC-Tag, haven't gotten around to auto charging it to my credit card though.
    Have you had your Blue for awhile now?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    But the inconvenience to top it off is a a minor one: a trip to the bank (usually before it closes at around 6:30PM) every 2 weeks or so to deposit 1,000 pesos to my account.
    This isn't much of an inconvenience for me IMO. This is the main reason why I was opting for the Blue but since MNTC couldn't accomodate me anymore I opted for the Easytrip which doesn't have blue/yellow - you can top up at their booths in any of the 4 gas stations in NLEX, OTC/ATM at your favorite MTBC/Bancnet/affiliate bank or autocharge.
    With your blue's OTC, how long before your top up gets reflected as "available balance"? Easytrip takes 24hrs. But one time it wasn't still "available" and was worried that it wouldn't let me pass, it let me pass. it used my "current" balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    How does they EasyTrip work? Read briefly that you have to pay a monthly rental fee? Is that right?
    I didn't bother asking about this option. But I think that's if you don't want to pay upfront, sort of like a lease to own or something. I opted to pay 1080 (I think) upfront, for the unit and the membership + a required initial topup of 500. Activated ASAP.

.hth.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    For both, I registered them to auto-debit sa isa kong credit card na mababa lang ang credit limit...ginawa kong "dedicated" credit card yun para sa dalawang "electronic passes".
    hmm... THIS is an idea. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    I just pay-up my bill when the credit card company bills me (very convenient). Then I verify and reimburse my trips every month (I stop by the NLEX office in Bocaue exit or San Fernando office) after the 5th of the month and sa C-5 or Nicols' exit office naman after the 6th of the month.
    uh, sorry, got confused there, what do you do at these offices again? verify your trips? so are you saying they don't have online account management systems? TIA.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Oopppssss,- double post na naman.... Walang e-pass equivalent sa Coastal Road,- kaya doon na lang ako pumipila sa exact toll fee/ no change. I also use this occasionally....

hehe. madali lang ang coastal, I always have coins ready in my OE coin holder anyway so I take the exact toll gates too. hehe.

uh, where does one apply for the e-pass? sorry, though I frequently use the slex from one end to another, I have yet to find where their offices are (unless those container van turned offices at the last gates are THE offices).
    Last edited by B2Bomber; July 29th, 2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: forgot to include my e-pass question.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Since I'm not a regular user of the Expressways, I still use "E-Abot" system.
    ha ha. THAT is creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    Seriously, though not a regular user, I'd like to get the EC. How much is the minimum? And, does it have expiry?
    Ok I know you were asking about the EC but since I've forgotten stuff about them already, here's for Easytrip:
    Minimum -- minimum what? balance? for autocharge, I think it autocharges when you go below 300. minimum top up (i think) is 500.
    Expiry -- for load/balance: from the "EB" babes, they say, 1 year. e.g. you top up 500 today, this will be valid up to a year. (But then, I doubt if your 500 wouldn't be used up within a year), membership: hmm... I think infinite. unit: depending on unit's life.

hth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which Electronic Toll Payment System are you using?