New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yun nga iniisip ko eh hahaha. baka hindi lang to targa setup nyahahaha!

teka, kung sa bank, i have to have a bank account. eh wala eh! wala din nyehehe.. balik tayo sa targa!

kung hindi gaguhan tong si Mrs. Hawkins na to at ako ay nagkapera.. manlilibre ako ng beer sa unang EB na pupuntahan ko! (basta nandun sina vdub at pnay hehehe)

Dude open ka ng account, magkano lang ba maintaining balance? Pero sa tingin ko di kakagat yun. May masamang balak... sigurado.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    wag mo ng kagatin yan 'tol, 100% ako scam yan.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    ganito...hehehe. Ang buyer ko naman eh from Thailand. Ang bumili eh taga HK (kuno) at yung client nya is from Thailand. Bibilhin nya daw yung 5 kong motorola. Kapag nag transfer sila ng fund sa paypal account, hindi pa alam ng paypal na bogus ang card na ginamit nila or it someone else's card.

And I lost $250 dahil frozen na yung fund. then the investigation revealed that the fund used was not legit.

eBay wont even pay me dahil eBay protection policy is not to ship the item to a third party but only to confirmed address by paypal.
    langya ka...di ko akalain na pati ikaw ay magogoyo...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ang alam kong mangogoyo ay pinoy lang ha. mayroon na palang imported na mangogoyo ha.hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbx986
    langya ka...di ko akalain na pati ikaw ay magogoyo...

hahaha, nung baguhan pa ako sa eBay noon. The buyer never offered me any amount that's obviously too good to be true. Ever since then, everytime na may magbayad sakin thru paypal, I immediately transfer it to my bank before I ship the item.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    This is quite obvious na scam. Just too good to be true!

As an ebayer since it started to gain popularity about 8 years ago(EBAY-USA started nga pala 1995), just a few basic tips ko to future ebay sellers and buyers.

First, ALWAYS check the ebay account's feedbacks. This is one way of verifying how long this seller/buyer has been in the business. There is also a feature in EBAY that lets you know if this person has changed handle name before and what are their previous names were. This new feature was introduced about two years ago since there were people using account not their own. So, to those whose names were hacked, they were advised by EBAY to change their handle names. Although mine wasn't hacked, I changed my handle name kasi originally I carried a handle name with my entire email address in it kasi when I started ebay, wala namang mga ganitong fraudaulent acts and I never foresaw it. To avoid unauthorized people using other people's account, EBAY has discouraged to use email address as handle names.

Second, assessing how fast the seller/buyer responds to your email
    . Serious ebayers always check their emails about inquiries. Although some busy sellers who have hundreds of items posted would take a longer time to reply. In Ebay, time is of the essence.

Third, MONEY FIRST BEFORE SENDING. Always require PAYPAL/IKOBO/VISA as form of payment. Do not accept cash. OR you can allow cash but don't send item before you have received/withdrawn the money sent.

Fourth, do not send any information pertaining to bank accounts or anything like it. Thats why, As far as I know, PAYPAL is the safest since you only need to give the email address and PAYPAL will be the one who will process and match the mailing address on record. SEND ONLY TO ADDRESS ON FILE or to ADDRESS CONFIRMED BY PAYPAL.

Fifth, to sellers: GIVE only 1 week for the buyer to send money
    , if not, the item will be posted again. Most crooks,of course, wouldn't be able to send money. So, you'll be stuck with your item na pwede naman sana i-post mo ulit online.

These are only a few of my tips. I'm sure other members can share theirs!
    My advise on this transaction, just see if this person wins the auction and check if makakapadala ba siya ng payment. JUST REMEMBER, DON'T SEND THE ITEM UNLESS YOU HAVE RECEIVED THE MONEY AND WHEN YOU DO RECEIVE THE MONEY,SEND IT TO ADDRESS CONFIRMED!

SALAMAT PO!! CIAO!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that is a longstanding and well-documented scam. wag mo na patulan.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Like cyberdoc, I've been an ebayer for a few years now. Follow his basic tips, ok ka na. Just to add, if you smell a fish or if you gut tells you it's suspicious, it probably is.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Please search google about "419 scam" and you'll get many hits, mostly scammers are from Nigeria because that's were it originated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ebay Philippines susicious buyer ebay.ph