New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Okay, the problem is relatively simple.

http://cgi.ebay.ph/Ford-Lynx-RS-2-0-...QQcmdZViewItem

Someone has listed an item at EBay Philippines that refers to my Cardomain page. No biggie. Guess the guy didn't have enough photos of his own car, and referred to my page. Problem is: people think I'm selling. But I'm not.

So:

I've just spent the last two hours trying to contact EBay.ph. Every time I go to the "Contact Us" option, it sends me to the online help checklist. At the end of each item on the checklist, they send you to a help page. If you can't find what you need, they ask you to "Email Us."

Click on the "Email Us" option, and you're asked to register.

I try to Email the seller. I have to register to do so. I don't want to register. I just want to report. His phone number is online, but I'd rather do this online than over the phone. I don't want to appear to confrontational.

I try every combination possible... every single link. After fiddling for an hour, either they keep sending me back to the Online Help section or ask me to register. So... if you have registration problems (also in online help)... you can't e-mail them about it without registering? (I checked) That's total ****.

Hello? I don't f***ing want to register. I don't have anything to sell or buy, and I'm not going to freaking register just to ask one simple question! I just want to ask somebody to ask the guy to take my pictures down. I don't mind people posting them... I just don't like that people think I'm the seller.

https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=11

^^^ Last chance... try "Live Help". This one puts you on chat with an operator... supposedly on from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm... guess what? No one's there right now, and it's only 3:30

-----

No phone number. No address. No e-mail address. No way to contact them at all except by registering. Is there something I'm not getting here?
    Last edited by niky; February 21st, 2008 at 04:09 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Okay... disregard this post... tinulungan na ako ni mazdamazda, and the seller took the pics down... thanks, m2! :thumbup:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Okay... disregard this post... tinulungan na ako ni mazdamazda, and the seller took the pics down... thanks, m2! :thumbup:
    IMO, Ebay does not usually give out their numbers..they prefer to be contacted by mail..but in your case, the seller should be rated negatively (by the buyer) because there's some sort of deceit involved-posting a product's pic for sale that's not actually (in every sense) the same as what the buyer should be getting...

But its nice that it was settled early on...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Just a heads up : ebay only give their contact number to powersellers kase.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah... pero the issue is solved.

For me, not having a physical mailing address, PO Box or contact number for outsiders who want to inquire is really, really stupid. You miss out on a lot of business opportunities this way.

This is a criticism also levelled against EBay in the US... that they've removed the human element entirely from their customer feedback system. But it's their loss, not mine... I buy direct from online sellers, not through auction sites like EBay. More trustworthy, more secure.

EBay Philippines... no contact numbers?!?!?