New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006

Main Chipset Sigma Design EM8623
    VFD Display 7 Alpha-Numeric Character, 5 Numeric Display
    Video Format :.avi, .wmv, .mpg, .iso .vob, .ifo, .mp4, .asf, .tp, .trp, .ts, .m2ts, .mov(H.264)
    Codec : MPEG 1 / 2 / 4, AVI, XVID, WMV9(MP*HL), H.264, AVC(HD) , VC-1(MP*HL, AP*L3)
    Resolutions up to 1920*1080P
    Audio MP3, WMA, AAC, Ogg, PCM, M4A, AC3,FLAC, WAV
    Photo Lossless JPEG (Progressive JPEG not Support)
    Connections USB2.0 Host 2 Ports
    USB2.0 Target 1 Port
    LAN(10/100Mbps)
    WLAN 802.11g (optional)
    Multi I/O Jack (Optional Breakout Box)
    AV In / Out Video: HDMI, Component, S-Video, Composite
    Digital : Coaxial, Optical / Analog: Stereo
    File System Formats NTFS, FAT32
    DTV Recording : 7200rpm, NTFS
    Hard Disk SATA I,II HDD only
    Subtitle Text Subtitle : smi,sub,srt,lrc,txt
    Image Subtitle : sub (with idx)
    ODD Support Through USB 2.0 Host
    Language English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Russian, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Korean
    FAN 40mm Brushless FAN
    FAN Control Temperature Sensing, Varialble Speed
    Memory Main: 128M byte / Flash: 16 M byte
    Internal Power 90~240V Free Voltage
    Dimension 183 x 139 x 75 mm
    Weight 1,300g (with HDD)

http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/4100sh.aspx

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    We have been developing MKV support , but We could not say that we would support MKV
    because the CPU speed and memory limitation could have prevent us.
    Anyway, finally we have open beta firmware.
    Please enjoy and give us the feedback through our Q&A or mpcclub(http://www.mpcclub.com) or avsforum(http://www.avsforum.com) forums.

Beta version

http://www.tvix.co.kr/eng/support/betafirmware.aspx

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just got my TVIX 4100, Setup was a breeze. I played a couple HD Divx6 movies, So far so good, as long as you dont fast forward them 32x. It hanged when I got to 32x, A simple off & on turn it back to normal.

21.5T was the price with 320gb Sata 3.5 already built in.

I haven't try to upgrade the firmware yet for it to play HD MKV.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ser bukas ang delivery sa'kin. I ordered TVix 4100 + 500GB Western Digital SATA P22,500 from my suki dealer. question sir na-try mo ba mag-play ng .mov files. meron kasi ako mga video tutorials from Lynda.com sana mag-run.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    The manual didnt say it will play MOV files, But it will play Mpeg 4 files. I'm gonna try it later.

You can convert easily MOV to Mpeg4 without lost of quality using Quicktime Pro. The conversion is so quick that it will take only 15s for a typical HD Movie trailer to convert.

I usually convert MOV movie trailers to MP4, so that it will play on my PS3.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    MOV files will play but only video, No Sounds.

I tried converting it to MP4 AAC X264. still no sounds.

I still havent tried the firmware for MKV playback yet. Takot Ako.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    bad trips kakauwi ko lang with the delivered hard drive and Tvix. wala nga pala windows based system dito sa bahay. hindi pa formatted yun HD, kala ko ma-test ko na. excited pa namn ako

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    I finally upgraded the firmware.

The new firmware was able to play the MKV 720p movie 4.4gb. I did a test for the whole 2 hours movie. So far no glitch, pixelation, freeze or sound hiccups. Yehey!

I gonna do some more testing.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    1 mkv 720p is 4.4GB? ubusan ng space hehehe

i was able to format my 500GB SATA using the iMac, puwede pala mag DOS Format 'to.

So far I have transferred 150gigs of 140+ xvid movies, and current TV series like Prisonbreak, Heroes etc. I'm also using the Audio Player by transferring all my 5gigs of Itunes MP3. next agenda will be converting all our family photos from photo albums, old films, and current jpegs tapos gagawa ako ng slideshows.

This is a fun device. there's a lot more to learn. siguro I'll do the firmware upgrade na din ver 1.0.x pa din sa'kin. and then install a Linksys Wifi USb dongle para update na ako ng files wirelessly.

I havent tested the HDMI yet. I have yet to buy a 37" AOC LCD TV with HDMI.

=====

tuwang tuwang nga dad ko ... for a digital jukebox box the size of a small chickenjoy takeout I was able to fit more than 200 videos na. and nakaka 150+GBs pa lang ako. takang-taka sya kumbakit walang CD tapos ang ganda-ganda ng quality.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    after 1 week of testing, this baby still marvels me

I now have 150 Xvid HD Movies from 2006, 2007 and I even have the best trilogies, Matrix, LOTR, Spiderman and I consumed like only 120gigs. around 50gigs for all the seasons of popular series like 24 seasons 1-5, Prisonbreak season 1-3, Lost, Heroes, Grey's etc. etc.

plus 5 gigs of all my MP3 collection. and just 2 gigs for all my Iphoto family collection since childhood, graduation, family events since 1980's etc.etc. all playable in the living room!!! or anywhere with a TV and speaker

and i still have like 300GB more space!

DViCO TViX 4100-SH