New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mine was bought 2010, hard disk napalitan na pati keyboard. Pero ok pa rin, ginagamit ko pa rin sa office.

Acer has been off my radar for the longest time, after i saw my cousin's unit suffer major problems, all within the warranty period.

Am thinking about getting a small 11-incher to lug around. Nakaka ilang dalhin yung ultrabook ko to not-so-safe areas. i find that a 13-incher is still to bulky to lug around casually.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you want a durable and fairly okay laptop, you'll have pony up the cash.

My 14" ASUS RoG G46VW is five years old. Yet, the lid/LCD screen is still stiff like new. The battery life is down from almost 7 hours brand new to around 3-4 hours. But, I got the max capacity for well over four years. The lid and top surfaces have a rubberized coating. Plus, I used an external keyboard and mouse whenever I can. If I cleaned my laptop, it would still look brand new....not a scratch.

Its gaming days are pretty much over. Games I play on it are limited to 2012-2013 games and earlier. I wouldn't play any game more resource-hungry than Far Cry 3 or Crysis 3.

As a general purpose laptop, it's still just as good as any on the market today. I bought it for college courses. But, I already graduated. So, I don't really need a new laptop. Otherwise, the G46VW is still quite useful.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 24th, 2018 at 01:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If you want a durable and fairly okay laptop, you'll have pony up the cash.

My 14" ASUS RoG G46VW is five years old. Yet, the lid/LCD screen is still stiff like new. The battery life is down from almost 7 hours brand new to around 3-4 hours. But, I got the max capacity for well over four years. The lid and top surfaces have a rubberized coating. Plus, I used an external keyboard and mouse whenever I can. If I cleaned my laptop, it would still look brand new....not a scratch.

Its gaming days are pretty much over. Games I play on it are limited to 2012-2013 games and earlier. I wouldn't play any game more resource-hungry than Far Cry 3 or Crysis 3.

As a general purpose laptop, it's still just as good as any on the market today. I bought it for college courses. But, I already graduated. So, I don't really need a new laptop. Otherwise, the G46VW is still quite useful.
    ROG laptops are easily over 40k

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here at home, I bought ASUS and Lenovo laptops for the kids. My wife prefers Sager. I can't really suggest a specific model because the sites I buy from aren't in the PH.

Some of my preferences:

Unless the body/chassis is made of metal, I stay away from ultrabooks/ultrathins.

If the laptop has a discreet GPU, I make sure it also has an Intel GPU for non-gaming use to save on battery life.

Six-cell battery over four-cell.

8GB RAM minimum and SSD

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ROG laptops are easily over 40k

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    And they're worth every cent. My G46VW (~43k PH Peso) is almost 6 years old and I still have peace of mind with it. The only possible gripe I might have is the big brick because of the GTX 660m.

Anyway, if Cathy wants to save on wear and tear on the keyboard and touchpad, get a cheap mini keyboard and external mouse.

I do so because I have strange tastes. I prefer the keyboard to the rear while the touchpad should be next to the screen.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 24th, 2018 at 02:28 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mine was bought 2010, hard disk napalitan na pati keyboard. Pero ok pa rin, ginagamit ko pa rin sa office.
    Wow 8 yr old laptop, maalaga ka sa gamit lodi. Sirain nga hard disk drive ng acer, yung keyboard iwasan mo puntahan ng langgam, nilangam keyboard ng acer ko buti naagapan ko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Any more recommendations? I need to replace my laptop soon.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    ASUS VivoBook S15 S51UN | Laptops | ASUS Philippines

Check that out. Core i5 processor will fit your budget. If you have a bit more budget, have it fitted out with 250+gb m.2 ssd.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Check the latest best sellers at Amazon ...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014

get a thinkpad. they even use them on the ISS

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast