New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Too many choices. I think I can have this delivered and I'll be the one to assemble it since it's just small. My only problem is if I will be able to replace the water if it's top load. Though I really prefer top load since there's no hose (?) unlike bottom load.

Also, why are table top dispensers so cheap?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We have an Imarflex bottom load and it's way more convenient and easier on the eyes than a top load.

Most tabletop dispensers only have a fan with cooling fins. That's why they only dispense "cool" water not "cold".

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Too many choices. I think I can have this delivered and I'll be the one to assemble it since it's just small. My only problem is if I will be able to replace the water if it's top load. Though I really prefer top load since there's no hose (?) unlike bottom load.

Also, why are table top dispensers so cheap?
    at home, we GE. expensive, also because we have the model with built-in ref underneath.
    our workplace has the much cheaper watchamacallit brands. no ref, because we have a regular ref in the chikka room.

some folks i know, do not use the five-gallon jugs. that's 20 kg or 44 pounds! instead, they use the much smaller two-gallon plastic carriers from the supermarket. but that is also because isa o dalawa lang silang umi-inom...

most tabletop dispensers have hot water and near-room-temp water only. no cooler.
    hot water requires only a cheap heating coil.
    good refs require space to put their electric motor/compressor and heat-exchange fins. expensive. they do not easily fit into the table models.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 19th, 2020 at 09:23 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    5 gallon namin sa bahay less than 3 days lang. I keep a 2 gallon for backup. 3 houses away lang naman refilling station.

The built in ref minimizes usage of the fridge.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if the budget permits try to invest in a good 2 to 6 stage water filter, megafresh sells some sa Ace. Ive seen how some water refilling stations handle the refillable jugs medyo defeats the purpose of the whole cleaner drinking water thing.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if TS wants just room-temp water and not really cool water,
    she can just buy one of those jug pumps that are attached to the upright jug. press to dispense.
    i can't seem to find an online seller, but our office entrepreneur aka divisoria nerd, was making me alok before covid, for less than 300 bucks yata....
    Last edited by dr. d; June 20th, 2020 at 02:53 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Top mount push button USB rechargeable 18650 powered, available at Ace

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There's really nothing special about these units and both the heater core and compressor should last 10 years or more. Probably the first thing to give are the plastic faucets. In buying one, just be sure that it has local support (which they normally do). In other words, buy local that has an authorized service center so that parts availability won't be a problem.

I bought a Camel brand. It's a floor-standing model, Hot and Cold. The lower half is a dry cabinet where we store our instant ramen. It's 5 years old and had never needed any service.

This was the first big ticket item I bought from Lazada. It cost about 6k way back 2015.

Looks like this:

...which I later hacked in 2018..... :D

Before:

After:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what did you do, when you 'hacked" into it?
    i see the additional hot and cold box additions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Durable Brand of Water Dispenser/Cooler