New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Guys me nabibili pa bang portable AM/FM radio na hindi "tiangge" quality? e.g. Sony or Philips sana, using AA or AAA batteries, under 1k sana.

The battery on my handcrank AM/FM radio (CDR King) went kaput, it could only run the radio a few seconds no matter how much you cranked it. After i get a true AM/FM radio i'll experiment on getting the battery replaced ^_^

i managed to dig up an old clock radio, and a ~1yo 9-volt battery kaya nakapagpakinig kami kahit papano; but the battery type is an issue for me, sana AA or AAA na lang.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I was given a cheap China transistor radio that I've been using for almost 10 years. It runs on 4 AA batteries. I've changed the batteries once pa lang ata.

We have a GE transistor at home that lasted more than 25 years. It's about the size of a DVD case. I don't know if GE still makes radios but that was a very durable radio! It was used everyday.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Itago nyo yang GE radio mam, iba na yung old reliable ^_^ i kinda let my guard down, confident i could track the news via internet. Then Smart/Globe/Sun conked out

So far ang nakikita ko lang sa malls from the big brands(Philips, Sony) are those old school radios the side of a shoulder bag...but these use D batteries, lots of them :p

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sharp mura pero halos singtibay din naman nang Sony based on my experience. Elementary pa ako, buhay pa till now sharp namin. Sabay nung Sony kaso sony nalaglag eh. ayun wasak.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Had the same issue with our Philips radio yesterday.

It uses 6 C type batteries (9V total).... I have only a couple...

And so, I inserted the 2 C type batteries in the middle, and four (2 on each side) AA type batteries... And filled-up the spaces with the battery packing material....

Instant radio...

With the genset on,- we have radio,- but not TV(cable service) as the provider has no electricity, too...

“Familiarity breeds awe”
    23.7K:debate:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    nice one sir CVT ^_^

* sir Ry_Tower: san po nagbebenta nung sharp na radio?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Look for Eton brand.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    +1 sa Eton Crank Radio, eto gamit ko kahapon para makapag AM Radio. mga 2 minutes na cranking mga 10 to 15 minutes na radio reception pagka di na charge yung internal battery.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our old recharheable light/fan/radio had a dead battery yesterday although kaka-charge lang last week. Hirap din pala wala kang balita from the outside. Celphone radio can only pick up fm broadcasts and listening in the car is out of the question. Kaya napapunta kami sa sm kahapon hahaha. Naubos radios sa sm, panic buying mga tao hahaha! I was eyeing a cheap one for P480 but the misus wanted one with cd (why?) and usb/sd card. Yung philips walang usb/sd card and the sony looks like it was very old stock from the 80s, so we got a pensonic for P1895. I'll just buy another one when i pass by singapore, one that looks more reliable than this. Pick your battles daw e ...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    nice one sir CVT ^_^

* sir Ry_Tower: san po nagbebenta nung sharp na radio?
    1990's pa nabili yung sa amin, hindi ko na alam kung saan may mabibilhan eh or kung gumagawa pa sila. Sony at Philips matibay din basta hindi imitation.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast