New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Saan ba makakabili ng DSL filter? Kelangan ko kasi ng 3 para sa bahay ng lola eh, there are 4 phones but we were only given one filter. Magkano kaya? TIA.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    PLDT in malls used to sell 'em ngaun sa raon daw meron.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Saan ba makakabili ng DSL filter? Kelangan ko kasi ng 3 para sa bahay ng lola eh, there are 4 phones but we were only given one filter. Magkano kaya? TIA.
    punta kayo sa dyco eletronics shop,mayroon dun sa farmers cubao,pero mayroon din niyan sa raon, kung gusto ninyo din dun.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    whats a dsl filter? para san ito?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Pag nakaextension and may tumawag, di maputol.

How much each?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    whats a dsl filter? para san ito?
    My questions, exactly; and, Wikipedia gave the answer:

DSL filter
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A smaller DSL filter that plugs into the telephone line

A DSL filter is an analog low-pass filter installed on telephones and other analog devices to prevent interference between such devices and Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) service operating on the same line. Without the installation of DSL filters, high-frequency signals or echoes from analog devices can result in reduced performance and connection problems with DSL service, and the high-frequency signals from the DSL service can result in line noise and other issues for analog devices.

Typical installation for an existing home involves installing DSL filters on every telephone, fax machine, voiceband modem, and other voiceband device in the home, leaving the DSL modem as the only unfiltered device. In cases where it is possible to run new cables, it can be advantageous to split the telephone line after it enters the home, installing a single DSL filter on one leg and running it to every jack in the home where an analog device will be in use, and dedicating the other (unfiltered) leg to the DSL modem. Some devices, such as monitored alarms and Telephone Devices for the Deaf cannot operate through DSL filters and must be installed on their own line. Some monitored alarms can be successfully filtered with a DSL filter or splitter.

Unfortunately, not all DSL broadband filters are the same - some of the filters supplied by broadband suppliers do not completely filter out the noise from the computer (this can be heard faintly in the background when making a telephone call). Other problems which have been reported by users are the failure of their telephone to ring when receiving an incoming call.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSL_filter
    Last edited by j_avonni; May 6th, 2007 at 07:57 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sir Alpha_One, bliv me di mo po kelangan ng isang filter per phone, we have 4 phones in our home and dalawa lang ang may filter, ito rin sabi sakin ng nagkabit nito na kailangan daw bawat phone meron para mapabili ka sa kanya at 400php each, then a few months later nasira phone namin sa ibaba at napalitan naman ngunit di nakabit yung filter, pero di naman npuputol or naiinterfere yung internet so tinest ko nagtanggal pa ako ng isa at ganun parin ok parin yung connection, tapos tinggal ko yung ikatlo at dun lang nagkakadisconnection issues. so in my exp 2 lang kailangan yung sa mismong main phoneline unit at sa isa pang unit.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    3 phones ang gamit ko sa bahay.. 1 filter lang ang gamit ko, lahat naman ng phones ay working at walang noise.. ginawa ko ay after ng filter, dun ako naglagay ng splitter para sa 3 phones..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    sir Alpha_One, bliv me di mo po kelangan ng isang filter per phone, we have 4 phones in our home and dalawa lang ang may filter, ito rin sabi sakin ng nagkabit nito na kailangan daw bawat phone meron para mapabili ka sa kanya at 400php each, then a few months later nasira phone namin sa ibaba at napalitan naman ngunit di nakabit yung filter, pero di naman npuputol or naiinterfere yung internet so tinest ko nagtanggal pa ako ng isa at ganun parin ok parin yung connection, tapos tinggal ko yung ikatlo at dun lang nagkakadisconnection issues. so in my exp 2 lang kailangan yung sa mismong main phoneline unit at sa isa pang unit.
    I appreciate the input, but my experience and 8 units of (honestly basic) electronics tell me otherwise. We experience disconnection issues with just one unfiltered phone. Perhaps you're just lucky that your unfiltered phones aren't particularly noisy at DSL frequencies. The only way that the phones will not interfere at all with the DSL is that they are ALL filtered, either having individual filters at the jacks or branching off a single unfiltered line (like raikonen's setup). In other countries, many ISP's branch off the DSL at the phone box and put all the phones on a single filter (not sure if it's because of actual regulations or just the ubiquity of line extensions in other countries).

Quote Originally Posted by raikonen View Post
    3 phones ang gamit ko sa bahay.. 1 filter lang ang gamit ko, lahat naman ng phones ay working at walang noise.. ginawa ko ay after ng filter, dun ako naglagay ng splitter para sa 3 phones..
    I've thought of it, but our setup makes this kind of connection totally impractical. EDIT: Pwede rin... I just have to figure out which wire goes to which sa phone box. But if my grandma decides to move the computer inside the house (they have their own "computer room" building) we'd need to use the multiple filters anyway.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; May 8th, 2007 at 12:53 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    kahapon kumuha ako ng quick install kit ng pldt dsl. paano ba dapat yung kabit ng dsl filter nila?

1.) from the main phone line -> dsl filter -> phone/DSL splitter

OR

2.) from the main phone line -> phone/DSL splitter -> dsl filter -> phone
    --> modem

magwork ba kahit anu jan? or dapat yung filter sa phone lang nakakabit. tnx!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
DSL filters?