New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Who uses Dropbox here?

I've been using it for a while. I have increased my storage to 50GB which I got free when I bought my Samsung Note 8.
    I use them to back up school and office files and some non-important stuff.

I can even take my Dropbox in my USB using a third party software.

But lately, synchronization has been painfully slow. Like 6 kb/sec in downloading files even though I set it with no limits.

Do they have server problems lately? PLDT DSL speedtest shows more than 2MBPS so I figured it a Dropbox problem.

Now I have to use google drive for my current files just to be sure it gets backed up.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I use Dropbox for my iOS photo backup only. Then sa computer ko I use a program that transfer new files from my dropbox to my NAS and upload it sa Amazon S3 (just in case mag crash raid 1 NAS ko.

With regards sa speed ng syncing ng dropbox server both sa iOS and Computers ok naman speed, I get the max speed sa pldt mydsl ko pag idle yung network ko and Dropbox lang ang gumagamit.

I use Google Drive for documents

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Just uploaded and downloaded some files in my dropbox speed is the same no issues for my ios.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Favor naman kung may time ka.

Can you check the synch speed of your dropbox by putting say a 1mb file and checking the actually download speed or upload speed.

I want to isolate this problem to a certain reason.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Really? I am at around 2.4 KB/sec downloading files. Super bagal.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Really? I am at around 2.4 KB/sec downloading files. Super bagal.
    Hi,

I can confirm that this is true Lew, I had been experiencing this problems since march20. Upload speed is fine, but download speed is very slow. I had to register to smart LTE occassionally just to have my files sync. Actually you would also notice that this has affected browsing as well from the other sites.

Have you found ways to do this?